Question on Datura seedlings

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I just planted about eight seedlings, they were the purple I believe, or I should say one of the purple ones and a Raspberry Swirl also. Some of them had blooms beginning to form and open. Since I planted them the flowers have bloomed and they were very small...however, the plants have not gotten any bigger to speak of...I just wondered if I need to do something I didn't do to make them grow like the bushes I have been seeing on this thread. I will try to take some pictures of them tomorrow, if the rain lets up. Thanks for any advice...I really would love to have some of these planted by my deck so I can smell them at night...thanks again.
JanetS

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Im no expert by far!!! This is my first time having them. What I did was dead head the spent blooms so they wernt putting energy into making seed just more flowers. Mine are about 3ft now and putting out blooms like crazy. I also am feeding them the same as my Brugs which is lots! I hope that helps! If not Im sure someone that knows way more than me will be along to help soon.
Caren

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

They might just be taking a little time to settle in. My plants don't really get going until the weather gets and stays hot.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks so much both of you. They seem to be doing a little better, but I will try deadheading as well. This is my first round with them, so I hope I will learn as I go...LOL.
JanetS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.