Cats Claw Vine growing wild in Brownsville

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This vine lit up the roadside it was so bright! This is along Media Luna Rd in Brownsville, right beside the expressway.
On another street I saw purple bouganvilla and a big old royal poinciana in full bloom but there was too much traffic to get a picture.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

What a gorgeous sight to behold!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Susie, that is gorgeous! I have tried UMPTEEN times to grow this vine from seed, but no luck. It gets about 6" tall and keels over - no idea why.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow. Wish mine would bloom that good. It would probably bloom better if I planted it in the ground.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Susie-
great picture!

Too bad they are so invasive...
-T

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Ada, is yours getting enough sun?
Kay, didn't know they made seeds. I didn't stop to see if there were baby plants around, the traffic was bad there and nowhere to park.
Taylor, they sure are pretty when they flower. Such a bright yellow. They stick to everything and climb up in trees(or over the house) so that's bad.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, I didn't want to trash them, and I could tell some stories, but I won't, lol...
I'll just say they are really pretty, but can really be a thug.
:0)

Edinburg, TX

WOW! That is lovely!

You are right, the royal poncianas and bouganvillas are blooming everywhere you look. I've started taking the 'scenic route' to work when make the time to the house early.

~ Cat

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie, it gets plenty sun. It would probably be better if it was planted in the ground instead of a pot. I don't think it's hardy for my zone.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that is beautiful.

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.