Anyone interested in participating in a round robin?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I posted this in the Round Robin forum, someone suggested posting it here. Would anyone here be interested in participating in a round robin of drought tolerant plants?

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/598645/

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

what is a round up?

interested maybe..........

calvin

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Apparently you gather a list of people who are interested and person #1 sends something to person #2, person #2 sends something to person #3 and so on.

Click on the link and it will take you to the round robin forum.

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 6a)

I got admit I have been watching this thread to see where it would go, I have never participated in a Round Robin so I did not know what to expect. From what I gather...you are sending out a package of random items that gets send to someone who takes ? (how many out & puts back I am assuming the same amount?) I do not understand 2 things does this include plants or just seeds or misc. plant stuff also wonderng about weight due to shipping costs these days. A xeriscape rr sounded like fun.....

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I was planning for plants. Surely this isn't how a round robin works - how on earth would the plants survive being shipped all over the country? Not to mention postage.

I read the link that is posted when someone over there asked what a round robin is. The post certainly wasn't clear but it sure does seem to be saying that one box is shipped around. That makes no sense for plants.

I think what I described would work - each person being assigned to send plants to the next person on the list.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Well, I asked again over at the round robin forum and was told again the same box would be used. Those receiving the box would empty out what was sent and then refill and send it on.

This makes no sense to me at all. Is it just me? When I've done these kind of surprise package things before, each person was just assigned to send a package to one person on the list and all the packages were sent out at the same time.

Mesilla Park, NM

What you are referring to is a Plant Swap, not a round robin. You get 10 or more (just an example) people, match them up with similiar zones, etc.. then, they mail to each other. You are right, the plants would all die by the time the last person got it.

I wouldn't mind being in a xeri swap, but have mostly cactus/succulent, agave pups and some broom starts..

let me know if you have one after all...

A.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

This just in ... LOL Apparently some of the round robins do work just as I described - each person is assigned to send a package to one person and the packages are all sent out at the same time.

If any of you are interested, please just go to the original thread in the round robin forum (direct link is in the top post in this thread) and indicate you're interested. If we can get enough people involved, I think this would be fun.

I'll be glad to try to match up people roughly by region or zones. I think that's a good idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.