Yesterday's News Robin (3rd round)

Mesilla Park, NM

ROBIN IS CLOSED...

Edited to add: Members Only Please

Added: Please sign up here on this thread, then send me your address. I will keep track of everyone that signs up here.

Hello everyone, the RR got here about two weeks ago and I promised to start it off again.. It currently has about 150 packs and I'll add another 50-100 packs this coming weekend. Anyone interested in this box, please sign up and either we can mail it out in the order you sign up or... whom ever is closest and it will be up to you all...

1. Send me your Address
2. Take as many packets and replace what you take
3. Try to send it to the next person as soon as you can
4. Have fun..
5. Last one on the list gets to decide what to do with the remainder
6. Most important, if I forgot something, please let me know.

Cutoff to sign up will be a week from today which will be May 17, 2006 and I'll mail box out on the 18th...

Thanks Windy for starting this one up for us.

Antoinette

This message was edited May 12, 2006 9:44 AM

This message was edited May 15, 2006 8:30 PM

This message was edited May 18, 2006 12:15 AM

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok Antoinette,

I'm in it.

Where's everyone else? I guess they're out playing in the dirt & mud... lol.
I am too; but I needed a break before my back breaks.

~* Robin

Can it be for members only? I hate to be pricky; but some of them have disappeared.

This message was edited May 12, 2006 1:07 AM

West Alexandria, OH

I would like to be included in this. I'll send you my address. Thanks

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

I'll Give it Another Go Antoinette!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I would like to join up please!
Caren

I want in on it again, please!

Dundee, MI

Please add me to the list. Thanks, Tia

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

please sign me up!! While I haven't had time to get the one started I had planned on, I would sure love to get one in the mail!! Something besides bills and junk mail would be a nice distraction!!
Deb

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I would like to join

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I would like to participate, but am a newbie. I understand the RR concept, but to whom do I send my info, and how?

Thanks-

Jessica

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Jessica,
Click on the name Gourd on the side of my post, and you can send me an e-mail with your name and address thru Dave's Garden, we call it a D-mail. Also, you have your own D-mail here, so when I respond or others send you mail, you can retrieve it under the tab that says Mail.

I hope i did not make it confusing.

Mesilla Park, NM

For those of you that are sending me e-mails and not signing up here:

Please sign up here, the Robin will be mailed to those listed here.

Also, let me know how you all want it to be sent, (in the order of sign up) or ??? if no-one has an objection, we will mail according to signup order.

Antoinette

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Sounds good to me!

(Zone 7a)

I'd love to sign up - am dmailing you my address.

Mesilla Park, NM

Last day for sign-up is on Wed... tomorrow..

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

please count me in
d

Mesilla Park, NM

So far here is the list in mailing order:

NatureWalker
Zindorf
ZZTOPSOIL
Heavinscent
RainGazer
tiswick
momcat
cjolene
Outraejss
bluespiral
dhemmer
CMoxon

tonight I will make labels for everyone and all you need to do is slap it on the box when you are done, tape it, and take it to the PO..

This message was edited May 17, 2006 5:11 PM

This message was edited May 17, 2006 7:21 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh, can I still get in? Does it have to be last year's seeds or can it be seeds from this spring that I've planted out all that I'm going to plant for this year? I will d-mail my address.

Thanks!

Mesilla Park, NM

Still time...

added CMoxon in and the seeds can be any seeds that you have extra of or just picked.

will close at midnight, California time..

A.

Mesilla Park, NM

RR is on it's way to Robin (NatureWalker)
Conf# 03050830000291237227

enjoy... I put some extra baggies and some note cards for whomever/who ever needs them.

A.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2006 10:35 AM

Yay...

~* Robin

Well everyone, if I had known that the box was delivered here on Saturday; I would've had it out by today. But as it is, I found it in a rain/drain ditch on the otherside of the road today. Yes; it's been terribly windy up here the past few days, and rainy too. The box is soaking wet, icky squishy, muddy & mushed; after laying there for nearly 3 days. My mailbox IS up on the side of a road. No one even paid any attention to the box, because they must've thought it was some garbage. Imagine if I didn't look over there today, as it was cold & windy out there today too. All alone in a rainy ditch somewhere... it makes me sick thinking about it. }}:^(p When I've been expecting it all this time!

So Thank Heaven Antoinette (Gourd), wrapped it all up nice & cozy snug! Every package should be that secure! Small(er) zip-baggies in larger zip-baggies, that's what made the difference. It will be out the door as soon as I get my seeds in it & get to the post office & stuff it all in another box.

~* Robin

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh dear, how sad. Poor little box and seeds. I'm so glad that you found it though, otherwise it could have been lost forever! And thank goodness that Gourd was so super thoughtful in preparing the package. Now we can all continue to look forward to some good seed sharing!

Mesilla Park, NM

Robin,
Glad to hear it worked out.. you never know with the PO..

A.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

So...what's happening...did the robin get sent to the next person yet?

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Any updates?
Caren

The box is on the way to Zindorf, in West Alexandria, OH.

I thought I responed on May 30th; but it didn't go through. My browser's been acting weird lately, bringing up old windows in mutiples & not opening new ones. I think I have to upgrade my browser. I'll post the confirmation # when I can; but the box is definetly on it's way.

~* Robin

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Robin!

West Alexandria, OH

I received the box! It came in great shape and stuffed with seeds. Just thought I would give an update.

Mesilla Park, NM

That's great news and also very happy it's getting around there.

West Alexandria, OH

After hours of fun going through the box taking seeds and adding more seeds (like a kid in a candy store!) I have put the box in the mail to ZZTopSoil (confirmation # 0300 1290 0008 1294 0629). This was fun! Hope to play again some time. Thanks Gourd for your time and effort with this.

"Thanks" zindorf for the Heads-Up.
Will be Getting My Seed Packets Ready this Weekend.

Lelan.

The Robin Has Landed in Oregon!
(Actually Landed Friday Afternoon)

My Goodness I Opened One End of the Priority Mail Box...Dumped Out the Contents on the Table Tonight...and Just About Passed Out...
Antoinette...Where Did You Get All These Seeds?
I Thought I Had Alot of Seeds!
(I Think They are Multiplying as I Type)
You Have Really Out-Done Yourself!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Quoting:
(I Think They are Multiplying as I Type)

lol

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

This is really moving quick!! Im next... Yippy!!!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Well, I thought it was moving quickly! Have you sent the robin ZZ?

Hello Everyone and I'm Sorry...It's that 'Convention Time of Year'.
I Left the Box Last Friday to be Mailed from My University Office.
I Just Found Out We Will Have No Mail Pick-Ups from Our Building this Summer so the Box Just Got Mailed on the Way Home on Tuesday(6/20).

The Delivery Confimation Number/Tracking Number is:
0304 1560 0000 9082 9045
The Box is on it's Way to...
#4- Caren(Heavinscent) in Louisiana.

I Added 40+ Seed Packets to the 'Big Booty-Bounty' Box.
There are Alot...and I Mean Alot of Seed Packets in the Box.
And...I Would Recommend in the Future to Send the Seeds Using a Flat Rate Priority Mail Box for $8.10 and Print Out Your Own Delivery Confirmation On-Line for Free...or...Just Pay the 55-cents Extra...and Use the Post Offices Delivery Confirmation Slip.
My Post Office Did Not Have a Replacement 'PM' Flat-Rate Box for the Old Worn Box so When I Mailed the Box it Cost....$8.89 to Send onto Caren in Louisiana!

Again Antionette/Gourd...Wonderful Selection and Everyone is Going to Go Seed Crazy!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Ill be watching for it!! Thanks!

Woohoo! I'm next! Can't wait!

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi there,
Hope everyone is having a great time.

Originally, the box did go out in a flat rate Priority box, but I guess it got wet and destroyed..

Very happy you guys like the seeds.

A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.