Byron Beauty and My Grape Arbor

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I brought this plant up from Lauderdale when I moved here last winter. It died back and now has returned. This dormancy thing is totally new to me, never having gardened north of zone 10.

In January I finally was able to get the passie out of the pot and into the ground. Only after I built this grape arbor from recycled materials.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Here's the arbor the passie is growing on.

I also have a Japanese Wisteria, Candy Corn Vine, 2 confederate jasmine, one variegated, red cypress and cardinal climbers, double pea vine, possibly a bleeding heart vine, if it comes back.

I know, probably over kill on the vines, but right now, I am just waiting for a couple of them to take off and cover my arbor. The cypress and cardinal climber are annuals and so is the candy corn. So if the others need room to grow, they will take it.
Molly
:^)))

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I think the Jap wisteria will be lovely with so much room to spread out.
The cardinal climber will make LOTS of seeds and come up everywhere. It has taken years to get it out of my yard. Too bad it is so invasive because the hummers use it and it is a pretty flower.
Katrina removed the shade where I have the plain red manettia..and she loves it. Best I have ever seen her bloom.
Good luck with your trellis!!
Johanna

Johanna,

Although the Jap Wisteria is coming back, it's a little slow going. I am tending to think it the soil (sand) quality. I caved and had a truckload of stinky dirt delievered this past week. I am amending the area around my plants every day. I am hoping this with improve their attitudes.

Molly
:^)))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.