First Blooms This Year!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Saturday Night Live was my first iris bloom this year. The color came out great and is true to the color of the iris.

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Here is one I don't have a tag for:

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Many more are ready to open so I will have more pics in a couple of days!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i love the first one! i love dark colored flowers!

kelly

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

the orangish bud in the background looks like it will be lovely when open!

Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

Could the second one be Emphasis?

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

SNL is a great bloomer for me and it reproduces well. I love the rich color too..

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

SNL is a beautiful one! I took a dozen photos of mine and wasn't happy with any of them, so I'm glad yours turned out well. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

winnie - I really don't know. I never purchased that one, but who knows what has been given to me! I will check further.

kelly - it took a few shots to get the right color! But it is right on! The orange bloom in the background is a poppy.

sandy - I love to share my pics and I noticed a few more ready to open, so there will be more!

thanks everyone!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Your 2nd picture looks like it could be 'Stepping Out'. It's hard for me to tell because the flower isn't all the way open, but I've grown that one for years and it looks very much like it.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Congratulations. If it's Stepping Out it's a great flower. I'm glad that you got to finally join in the fun.

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah! Gotta love those first blooms and what a pretty one.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I know I had Stepping Out several years ago, but when I moved and planted them, the tags were either missing or mixed up. More have bloomed, but I can't get outside to take pictures because of the rain and wind. And it is supposed to stay with us until Tuesday! Thanks for the ID!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.