Clematis, "Teshio"

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Here are the first blooms on this beautiful Japanese hybrid Clematis. According to Debbie's website, it is named for Hokkaido Island, which is located in northern part of Japan.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Two blooms are better than one!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

Those are spectacular Shirley!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Shirley, That's one Beautiful Clematis!!! I'm going to go broke, I have one more coming, the Westerplatte. My Florida Seiboldii is starting to open, will have pictures in a few more days.
Gary

Thanks Nikki & Gary! Don't talk to me about spending money on Clematis and plants in general...I just paid my VISA bill today....CLUNK...jaw hitting the desk!

I use to have 'Florida Seiboldii', but I think it's a gonner (SOB)! Best to grow that tempermental one in a container.

Let me know how you like 'Westerplatte'. I don't have that one....yet.

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Shirley. I have my Seiboldii growing among our Native mountain Laurel which is also starting to bloom. The Seiboldii is one of my better performers. Go Figure.

Gosh, maybe I should give it another try! How old is your 'Florida Seiboldii'?

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

3 when I bought it at our local nursery and has been in the ground for 3. I cut it way back each spring and it has really taken off. It has to be my Favorite the blooms are stunning.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow Shirley!!!!!! It's beautiful!!!!!

I ordered Westerplatte from Debbie.

Gary, can't wait to see your pics of 'Florida Seiboldii' with the Mountain Laurel.

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Very Pretty Shirley..My Teshio hasn't emerged yet..still playing dead..LOL...Jeanne

Thanks again!

Debbie: I'm sure you will be very happy with your order from Silver Star Vinery. Your 'Westerplatte' will have a very well developed root system and it may even be ready to bloom this year. Please keep us posted.

Jeanne: I'm sure your 'Teshio' is fine. It's probably playin possum. Sometimes, my vines do that to. I think I've kill them and then they reappear the following season. Go figure!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yea..girl..I just keep watering that bald spot in the dirt and waiting..LOL...My Henryi did that last year and finally came up at the end of the season and you should see that bugger this year...I must say I have found they emerge faster if you cut that wilted part to the ground...I had two Clematis I got from Debbie do that this year....was totally shocked as they were pruning group 3s ....one (John Huxtable) is already 5 inches tall.....Jeanne

Jeanne: 'Henryi' was one that was playing possum for a couple of years. Now, the vine is humungous! I don't have 'John Huxtable', so I can't comment on that one. 'Sho-Un', 'Madame Grange' and 'Wisley' are "no shows" this year. In addition, two others in my Rhodo bed, haven't appeared either. They probably faking me out too!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Shirley I see you have another beauty there..I better see if Debbie has it available still..!!

Thanks Loretta! I'm very happy with Teshio. It's blooming nicely for just having been planted in my garden.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty, Shirley. I can't wait til mine blooms.

Thanks Ada! I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.