Yippeee ...I have a new one blooming!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I am so excited ..I bought this as Clematis "Florida Seiboldii" but may have one of those that bloom both "Seiboldii" and it's alter ego "Alba Plens"...here are it's first blooms..bought this from Chad over at GardenCrossings.com.......Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanna see it up close???

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Rosemoor" is having a fun day!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Spooneri" has been blooming since March..and still going and growing..I think it's kinda special with Clematis VV

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "VV" has jumped over ontop of my Roses..doesn't she look like she is dancing on my Roses?...

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis.Roses and Lily...oh YEAH!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis and Mandevillas?..I can live with that!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Fireworks" is starting to bloom!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I do so love "Claire de Lune" now if my Climbing Rosa "Don Juan" had just had a bloom there!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

oh and I can't forget PPE aka Clematis "Purpurea Plens Elegans"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeanne: What beauties! I love them all!! Bet you were surprised when you saw 'Alba Plena' blooming instead of 'Florida Seiboldii'!

On #6, Clematis, Roses & Lily...who is that blooming? Is it 'Dr. Ruppel'?? Just curious, because on another posting I think someone was trying to I.D. it. I love your Rose & Lily too!

BTW, I just found 'Rosemoor' growing again. I thought it died last Summer! Just goes to show you, don't be to quick to give up on them!! They will surprise & delight you!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Yal make me soooooo jealous!! Mine are just babies who's mom didn't know to put em in up their calves!!! Beautiful Jeanne!!! I planted General Sikorski with my Don Juan. I thought the General was dead, but he came up this year!!

Debbie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Debbie..Such wonderful News about the General..you just never know about those buggers..ya think they are down and out and BOOM they just pop back up and with more vigor than the year before!!
Shirley..Yes that is the Doctor you see in that pic and that Rose is "Angel Face" a beauty in my garden that blooms like mad...so glad your "Rosemoor" resurfaced for you...That is why I say.."Keep watering that dead lookin' stick"..LOL....Mine was a bare root that I planted in the garden about 3 years ago..so, it survived despite me..so they are survivors.....Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful...I don't seem to have much luck with them here..too hot?
Rj

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

RJ..not really..I am not that far from you on Lake Conroe...the trick is to remember they like to have their roots stay moist..therefore you must plant them 2-4 inches deeper than the pots that they come in with some nice bonemeal in the hole at a slight 45 degree angle towards the trellis you want them to grow on!!..also, with our hot intense Southern Sun you are better off planting them where they get about 6 hours morning sun ( I do have some in more but some fade but are fine) and remember to water...water..water...pruning group 3s are fab for first timers...you really should try it again....If you need some recommendations just ask...I see our Lowe's and Home Depot are stocked full right now.....Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

aaah..okay..that is the trick then, it gets afternoon sun. I did have 3 beautiful blooms..but that's it..it is 3 years old now. I have followed the roots being cool, mulched and shaded..but it gets afternoon sun..not too much of morning..well that's good to know..thanks!
Rj

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey...Rj..do you know the name of your clematis?...Are you giving it Rose Fertilizer in middle of February?...If you know the name I might can help you learn how to get it to bloom more....Jeanne

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Those are beautiful!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

ummm...it was 3 years ago..so I'm not sure..I do have a picture of it.
..I hadn't heard about the rose fertilzer...- glad to hear that...I will retry again...

here is the picture

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Rj..wow that is beautiful...almost looks like Clematis "Rosemoor" but would need a closerup view of just the flowers to see the shape of the sepals,color of the connectives and the anthers to make a definite id...have you ever pruned it??..Does it bloom on new wood or the old wood....Oh and what is that beautiful Blue flower in that pic..If I didn't know better would think it's a blue Guara ..but I have only seen Pink Guara....Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

..well..I forgot I had planted the clematis..so it is new growth...It only grows a little bit..tosses out a couple of flowers and then stops. I have never intentionally pruned it, but it may have inadvertantly got whacked. Where the flowers were has turned into a little crown of something...seed pod? I will look for a close up picture..I think I have one of the first flower.
The little blue flowers are clerodendrum ugandense / butterfly

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh wow..gotta get me some of that clerodendrum ugandence it's too cute..yea those are seedheads..aren't they kewl..I prune mine off because it only takes energy from the vine to form them...go ahead and fertilizer with either some rose fertilizer or tomato fertilizer and water well and keep moist...it should bloom again later on in the season....Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Really? Rose fertilizer..soluable or granules?
I can propagate the ugandense if you like...give me a month or so...
Rj

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Rj..are you serious!!!..Oh my I am blown away by your kindness..how could I say no?!?!?..I just use Rose Pellet fertilizer on mine..I go out about 8 inches from the vine and take my finger and make a semi-circle trench with my finger about 1 inch deep and put about a handful of the rose pellets in there and cover back up the soil and water well..you want a Rose Fertilizer that has a High Middle "P" on the N-P-K Ratio...also if you ever see the leaves looking a bit yellow I will add about a 1/4 tsp of Epsom salts in the trench for that....Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay..thanks! Rose pellet ...
Yes..that clerodendrum is 8 feet tall, so there are plenty of branches to propagate from... I will get a few started..I will take an inventory of the ooh..many plants sitting on my back driveway..I just might have one or two going already..are you in the addy exchange or will you email it to me?
Rj

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.