? about Fryers

Benton City, WA(Zone 6a)

We are thinking about raising some Fryers. I was just wondering what your opinion is on the best and why. Thanks for your help. Sagewood Farm

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, i can't think of a particular breed, but you certainly want something fast growing. are you raising them for yourselves, or to sell? and have you considered raising organic meat birds?

tf

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I've seen in the McMurray catalog that they sell a particular cornish X rock type chicken that is ready for butcher in 8 weeks. They say it's the best meat bird because of the quick growth and efficient feed ratio. They supposedly grow so fast that they will have leg problems if not butchered at the appropriate time. Evidently they are bred especially for meat.

You might check out their website.

Benton City, WA(Zone 6a)

We will be raising these for ourselves and a few friends and neighbors. I have heard of those Cornish X the good and the bad. We want a healthy fryer but will feed them grains. We have layers and so have limited space on our 1/3 of an acre.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

seems someone on this board raises an old english game bird and gets the best meat anywhere!...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.