Post-Op Bariatric Proceedure II

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/582671/
This is the former thread if you'd like to catch up on Tplant's adventure.

This message was edited May 8, 2006 11:55 AM

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks araness. Don't want to loose track of our soon-to-be skinny friend!
Pati

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank You All ! I thought it might be getting a little long for some.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T,
Do you know where the page is with your pre-surgery picture on it? Is it too soon for a post-picture?
xxxx,
Carrie

Carrie -- I'd rather wait a little longer so you can see an obvious change. I am a big man and 40lb loss doesn't look like much. My picture is in the Pre-Op thread.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol he's a guy so he doesn't understand a female can tell if you've lost an half a pound at a mile distance with one eye shut on a cloudy day without glasses. *G*

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

My friend came over today and said, "You look good! You've been loosing weight." I have lost 4 lbs. LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL because he forgets that my husband is almost as big and I can tell when he loses or gains 5 lbs!

xxx, Carrie

OK ! I'll try a picture tomorrow...

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol...good and don't forget to put Scooter in it too!

You asked for it ? This is me at the beginning.

Thumbnail by Tplant

Having problem posting. Will try later.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

whoot! looking good Tplant!

Well this is me as of today. Saw my doctor today and he adjusted the band again. Seems this time he made a tighter adjustment as most or all the fat around my band has dissolved. This was preventing proper closure. To test it I just had a late lunch and could barely eat a half cup of food. Now I am full or let me reiterate by saying "satisified". Now he doesn't need to see me until June 6.

Thumbnail by Tplant
Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

T,

I can really see the difference! AMAZING! You are looking good young man. Keep on track and it won't be long before you can dance the night away.

btw I have lost 15 pounds since January. Only need to lose a ton more but it is truly a start. Not feeling deprived is a HUGE thing.

I didn't know that the fat round the band would dissolve. Interesting tidbit there.

Lani

My doctor(surgeon) had a difficult time inserting the band because of all the fat around my stomach. His words not mine. The surgery normally takes 45 to 60 minutes. I was there for more than two hours. He told me he had a real difficult time. Of all the patients, I was a real challenge and he almost called it off to re-schedule for a later date and keep me on the liquid diet until I lost more weight. He earned his fee. Didn't mention this before because I was a little ashamed of myself but now that is in the past and I live for the future. If all this helps just one person I'll be happy! A life of obesity is no fun. I'm so sorry that so many can not afford this wonderful, painless, life saving surgery...For those of you that can and/or have the medical coverage that will pay for it -- do it.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

not see a difference? How can you say that...huge difference in the chest/stomach.

Not to mention what self image and self esteem can do! Remarkable! I'm so happy for you. You are truly an inspiration to us all. :) Thanks for sharing your story.
Hugs&blessings ... Elaine

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

You look great Tplant!

Thumbnail by tombaak
High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Sorry about the technical problems above. Here is the picture.

You look GREAT! No one could look at these two pictures and not see a big change.

This message was edited May 9, 2006 2:42 PM

Thumbnail by tombaak
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T-plant, WOWEE-KAZOWEE!
We may have been teasing a little before about being able to see a 3-4 lb. difference in each other - sometimes we F's say that just to be nice! (And what does that say about our society?) But T-Plant, looking at those pix side-by-side, you can be very proud of yourself! Your adventure has begun!

xxxxxxxxxxx, Carrie

This message was edited May 9, 2006 6:56 PM

Thanks everyone for your praise. It is really appreciated. When I first started these threads some people thought I was being a little optimistic and setting myself up for a big let down. Well, if I fail it will be my fault and probably my demise. It's real easy for me when I take it "One Day at a Time".

Another day gone bye! Can't wait till tomorrow (Friday) which is weigh-in day. I really feel slim and have gone in another notch on my new 50" belt. I'm down to the fourth notch already ! Eating is tricky. After two or three bites I start to feel satisfied and before I know it I am completely satisfied. You can not be a glutton on this regimine as your stomach just will not allow it. Have been eating less than before but eating more frequently. Two to three very small meals per day with intermittent snacks of mostly fresh fruit. Strawberries and melons are mainly my snack foods. Never thought that these snack items could replace ice cream and cake? Must say I enjoy them much more than ice cream and it sure is a lot healthier. As you may or may not know all this weight loss with out excersise? I can't really do any because of my PPS and the weakness it causes but I am still losing 2 to 3 lbs per week.

Good luck tomorrow Tplant. :) You're the only person I know that would *like* my talking scales! hehehe

Edited for double post. LOL

This message was edited May 11, 2006 11:01 AM

TALKING SCALE ????

Tplant
Check this out.

MaxiAids.com - Products for Independent Living. For blind, low vision, deaf, disabled, handicapped

Summary: top layout table
Table with 4 columns and 4 rows
MaxiAids.com - Accessible website for online shopping offering independent living products for blindness, low vision, deaf, hard of hearing, seniors
MaxiAids.com - products for independent living

account info area

View Cart:
0 Item(s) |
Your Account
(
Sign In) |
Help

To order call 1-800-522-6294 TTY 1-800-281-3555 Fax 631-752-0689
under MaxiAids.com logo graphic
under Maxi-Aids logo graphic
under independent living products slogan graphic
Search by keyword(s) or item#
Search
GO!

FREE domestic ground shipping on web orders over $100.00 (
Read Terms)

table end
#skipstorenav
Blind/Low Vision

spacer

Deaf/Hard of Hearing

spacer

Mobility

spacer

Medical/Health

spacer

Household

spacer

Technology
#skiptree

spacer

spacer

Home Page
New Products
Specials
Clearance
Blind/Low Vision
Braille Products
Magnification
Players/Recorders
Talking Products
Writing/Reading Aids
See all in this store
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Alerting Devices
Amplified Devices
Telephones
TTY's/TDD's
Vibrating Products
See all in this store
Mobility
Canes/Mobility
Motorized Scooters
Rollators
Walkers
Wheelchairs
See all in this store
Medical/Health
Bathroom Aids
Blood Pressure
Diabetic Products
Medication Aids
Thermometers
See all in this store
Household
Appliances
Batteries/Chargers
Cooking Helpers
Dishes & Cups
Home Cleaning
See all in this store
Technology
Alt. Input Devices
Keyboards
Scan/Read Devices
Screen Magnifiers
Software
See all in this store

spacer

spacer

Searched For: talking scales

Search Results

Sort:
  Item Description

Royal Talking Tel-Weight Bath and Kitchen Scale Combo
Royal Talking Tel-Weight Bath and Kitchen Scale Combo
Item#: 153400
List Price: $154.90
You Save: $54.95 (35%)
Your Price: $99.95

Availability:
Temporarily out of stock
»
More Info...

Add to Cart

REIZEN Talking Weight Scale
REIZEN Talking Weight Scale
Item#: 1502671
List Price: $79.95
You Save: $20.00 (25%)
Your Price: $59.95

Availability:
Temporarily out of stock
»
More Info...

Add to Cart

spacer

About Company
Ordering Information
Shipping Information
Privacy & Security
Merchandise Return Request
Contact Us
Become a Dealer / Wholesaler
Newsroom
Order Free Catalog
View/Download Catalog
Download Text-Only Catalog
Link to MaxiAids
Download Toolbar
Software Demos
CCTV Presentation
Bookmark MaxiAids
Desktop Wallpaper
Sign In / Register
Track Your Order
Buy Gift Certificate
Check Gift Card Balance
Email Sign Up
Help Index
Advanced Search

bottom bar

Copyright © 1986-2006 Maxi-Aids, Inc., 42 Executive Blvd., Farmingdale, NY 11735 USA. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of use |
Privacy & Security |
Site Map
BBBOnLine Reliability Seal
BizRate Customer Certified (GOLD) Site

I just copied the page so others could see what all was available. :) They're great. That way I don't have to get the DH to weigh me. Whew, don't want to do that. LOL
...Elaine

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol wonder if I could bribe mine to lie to me..*G*

Well, I just have to be careful not to let the DH be around as he thinks it's funny to put his foot on the scale with mine and watch me have a heart attack when it says I've gained 5 lbs. LOL He's such a jokester!
...Elaine

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol I'd have to kill him..

Weigh-in time ! And the scale says 287 ? I thought I would be much lighter as I feel so slim. It is only a difference of 1lb but I'll take it and be gratefull for that amount. With my band being adjusted to a smaller opening, I am positive I will have a slow but steady weight loss of 2lbs per week. More importantly I have noticed that things I do in daily living have become easier. For example getting in and out of the car ? Previously I had to adjust the steering wheel to full up position to enter and exit the car. NO MORE !! It stays in one position. Also climbing and descending the four steps to my home has become much easier. Working in my garden has also become a lot easier especially when it comes to walking around. Pertaining to watering my earthboxes (EBs) I could never stand and water them but yesterday I watered all of them and standing while doing so. The funniest part of all this was the fact that I didn't notice the difference until I was finished? I felt so pleased with myself. It seems everyday brings new and pleasant surprises ? I can't wait to experience the happenings down the road a piece !!!

Tplant
That's just wonderful. I'm so proud for you. :) This new life of yours won't happen overnight, but the journey will be so worth the walk. *smile*

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tplant you might be losing inches not pounds...it's frustrating but try to go by the fit of the belt and not the scale. You'll go through periods where you might only lose 5 lbs but go down one pants size.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I second Elaine's congrats.
xxxx, Carrie

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

T Plant! ~ I am so happy for you!! You are doing excellent!! Keep it up and one day, you will discover that you can now enjoy many of the things you thought you would never be able to!

Best Wishes!! ~ Suzi :)

Suzi,
I am slowly discovering that fact especially when it comes to gardening. I can stand much longer, bend over without getting dizzy, walk a little farther, climb the stairs a lot easier, get in and out of the car easier and I don't seem to get shortness of breath as frequently as I used to. If there are more blessings to come because of weight loss, I'm looking forward to it. Friday is weigh-in day.We'll see how I'm doing as that is the only time I weigh myself.

Good luck on weigh in day! :)
~Elaine~

Well here it is! Another Friday and to my amazement the scale says 285? Down two more pounds. The reason why I say "to my amazement" is that I have been eating all kinds of food including some delicious lasagna for dinner last night. However, I do not eat anything with sugar in it. I eat a lot of watermelon about one a week along with other fruit.
Strange thing happened this week pertaining to my eating volume! Sometimes I can eat only a few bites or about a cup or less, then at other times I can eat without a feeling of fullness and eat twice the amount that I'd normally eat and never acquire that bloated feeling caused by over eating? Weird!! Still I lost two pounds and that is exactly what my surgeon said I would lose per week. Don't misunderstand me? I'm not complaining but just a little confused and of course I will discuss this with him on my next visit of 6/5. From the date of my surgery I weighed 308 prior to that 329 but let's go by my surgery weight of 3/10. Since that time I have losed 23lbs.That is a little more than 10 weeks so the average weight loss is factual -- 2lbs per week.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

congrats tplant...glad your doing so well!

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Wonderful progress!!!! I'm so glad you're happy with the steady, not too fast, weight loss. Most people (like me!) go on a diet and are dissappointed if they can't drop 10 lbs a week. Not realistic, so I just pout and look for comfort food. (sigh)

I love that you share your thoughts with us, it really gives great insight into the post-operative process.
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.