Jamine tree

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I bought a jasmine tree and it didn't have any information with it. I'm sure I have to bring it in in the winter, but can anyone give me more information? I can't find a jasmine tree in the PlantFiles.

How big? How long does it bloom? Full sun?

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi,
Can you post a picture of your plant?

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Ok... here it is...

Thumbnail by IsThisHeaven
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi,
I am having trouble seeing the flowers up close---but I think you have Murraya paniculata. It is aka orange jasmine(jessamine) but it is not a true jasmine. But flower's fragrance is out of heaven.

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Well the flowers are a little spent on it, here is a pic of them.

Thumbnail by IsThisHeaven
Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

yes. It is murraya paniculata. Good choice. Enjoy it.

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I copied and pasted that into plant search, common name, spieces, genus.. and nothing comes up. What else do you know about it?

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Never mind.. I found it.. thanks... :)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

How fast or slow do these grow? I was blessed with finding one in a 4" pot while in FL last Thanksgiving...it's as healthy as can be...but doesn't seem to be doing much. Any pointers for it? Light, food, water etc.?

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't know much on that Chantell.. maybe someone will help us out on more information.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am sorry I can't help you much on this one. I just got a one gal size myself. I wish I had the larger size however.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Where do ya'll find them in "those" sizes...OMG...so sad looking at my 4" pot...LOL

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I HAS two of these trees - lost them to scale insects, so keep your eyes open for signs, such as a sticky residue on the leaves, and get them under control asap.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Kay...I'm sorry!! I'll have to take a peek at mine...it looked fine...just slloooowww growing that's all....LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.