USDF Intro Test A - Who would've thought!?!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

HAH! Me?!? Dressage test?!? Who's that instructor-lady kidding?!? I can hardly ride that lesson horse! How the hooey am I going to ride him in a test, not to mention a jump-class?!? ROFTLMAO

But I did it... Saturday, after Chewie cried out "OWIE! My foot hurts!", I took a lesson-ride on Darren, an Appendix, built & colored like my horse, only bigger! (Easily 16.3H, if not taller, and wide!!) After a little practice learning about each other, the instructor gave me a crash-course explanation of the arena, a quick talk about the test, and off we went! I didn't have great form or fabulous function, but Darren provided me with a pretty good ride.

Competition is May 27. The instructor thinks if all goes well in the next lesson or two, I could ride him (or an easier-to-win-on mare she has) in the show, score well on the test, and even show on a green jump & crossrail class to earn "HT" points. I know some of the credit goes towards the horse's record, but this gelding I rode of hers obviously knows more than the little paces I'd put him through. If by some miracle Chewie is better really fast from his abcess, she did say I could show on him, but neither of us are planning like that's possible.

So.. who wants to help me study the test??? =) I'm excited that the instructor thinks that much of me that I could really show & do well, especially on my own horse. I realize we wouldn't win, and I won't be perfect, but it's pretty awesome that I can get that much confidence in only three lessons!

Walk, trot, salute... 20m circle this way... then some stuff I can't ever remember... walk free to corner, 20m circle the other way, come to middle, walk centerline, halt, salute, *big sigh of relief*... gosh I need to study! :)

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!