Georgia Farmers & Consumers Market Bulletin - Online

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a link for the FCMB online.

http://agr.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,38902732_39654299_40311428,00.html

The nice part of the online version is you can search for keywords !!!! Also, you never have to renew.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Finally!! Thanks for sharing!

Lilburn, GA

Hi lilburnjoe. I am in lilburn as well.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Lilburn Joe and Spider! I am just a skip and a hop away from you both.

Susan

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello Spider & Raggedy,

Glad to here from you. I live off Beaver Ruin & Hwy 29. How about yall ?

I am off Webb Gin House Road, right in between Sugarloaf and Webb Gin. I go to church (sometimes) on Beaver Ruin, right off 29. We eat every Sun., isn't that sad? And we wonder why we have weight problems HAHA!! Nice to meet ya!

Susan

Lilburn, GA

I am deerbrook SD, off killian hill. Maybe we could meet sometime???

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Spider, you live not 10 minutes from where I work - Steve Reynolds and Pleasant Hill. Just down from the Home Depot. Isn't this a small world?

Another thing, we are just minutes from Ed at Bentley Gardens. I was there yesterday and had to spend over $100. He has some great hostas, and he's getting into hybridizing daylilies now.

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Any garden clubs in our area ?

Lilburn, GA

Pins, can I go visit you at work sometime?

Joe, I don't know of any gardening club. I just joined an african violet club that meets in Tucker.

Lilburn, GA

Pins, tell me more about these gardens.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

You can always visit me at work. Go to www.utilityanalyses.com to find the directions. Just tell me when you're coming.

We have to call Ed ahead of time because he is not a commercial garden center and sometimes isn't there. But, with a couple days notice we can go to see him. He is such a sweetheart!

Lilburn, GA

OK Pins. i will be going to see you sometime next week. And you are very welcome to come here as well.

Who is Ed? Are the gardens private? Does he sell plants? I am looking forward to going there.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Ed is a person who sells on eBay, and does have a private garden which is open if he knows you are coming. He isn't there all the time. I'll be glad to take you there. It's hard as heck to find if you don't know exactly where it is. You'll see what I mean when we go.

Lilburn, GA

Pins, that will be great!

What type of plants he sell on bay?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Mostly hostas and daylilies. Check it out. His seller name is bentleygardens.

Lilburn, GA

thank you Pins, I will check that.

Are you working today?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

No., I only work Monday through Friday, but this Friday will be the hosta show and sale, so I'll be taking Friday off.

Hosta show and sale???? I leave for a few days and see what I miss! Tell me more about this and Bentley Gardens too. I love hostas!!!!
Susan

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Susan, the hosta show and sale is this Saturday 9not the (9th like the web site says). Here's the link. You should come! Its right down the road from you, right off 78.

http://www.gahosta.org/leafshow.htm

For Bentley Gardens, go to his web site at www.bentleygardens.com to see what all he has. I don't think his phone number is on the web, but email him and let him know how close you are, and make arrangements to go over there. Ed is a sweetie. His place is 5 minutes from the Bass Pro Shop mall (can't remember the name right now).

When you come to the Hosta show, please find me and say hi!

Hubby starts a new job tomorrow and his office is near where the show will be. I think I will do that! I am becoming obsessed with hostas! Bought 2 new ones Friday! I live 5 minutes or so from Discover Mills too. Hubby told my brother that I am addicted to plants. He said you don't give an alcoholic a drink, don't give your sister any plants!! HAHA! But I came home with two cuttings from something in their front yard. It was something that I don't have so IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!
I will definitely come by and say HI!
HUGS,
Susan

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey yall, just found this thread.... I have spoken with Ed a few years ago on the phone and he is a very very helpful person. I have wanted to go to his place for years!! We go up to the lake every so often and now I see another diversion for myself as the boys go fishing!!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.