yellowing clematis leaves

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I have major yellowing of my clematis. It happens every year and I've tried several remedies = more fertilizer, less fertilizer, epson salts, etc. But it happens year after year. I have three of the same kind all about 5 ft apart and only the middle one is affected like this. It still produces huge beautiful blooms - but the foliage looks sick. Any ideas??

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Is it possible to take a picture of the yellowing foliage and then post it here?

I searched the web and here is what I found about yellowing foliage (scroll to toward the bottom of the page). http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/pk91/faq.htm#q8

Thanks Shirley, I've tried the epson salts, but maybe the iron stuff is needed. What is so strange is the clematis on either side are just fine and they are the same kind. hmmm

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

It's unusual I'll admit! My other thought, could an animal be possibly urinating on that particular vine. Animals do mark their territory in that manner.

I doubt that. We have a cat, but she uses another place faithfully. I'm going to go to the local garden center and get some iron and try that. It can't hurt!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.