Need ID on two mismarked iris. Oh, dear.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

We've solved the ID problems, thanks!

This is 'not Can Can Dancer'
Who is it, anyone?

This message was edited May 7, 2006 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

And this is "Not Temple Of Time" I believe.

Thumbnail by doss
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Could the first one be 'Celebration Song'?

Thumbnail by mgh

Or maybe 'Boudoir'?

Thumbnail by mgh
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I've looked at the photo in BayView Garden's catalog and lo and behold, that is Temple of Time. The photos in the plantfiles just look so different.

Celebration Song I like even better - but mine isn't as ruffly. Boudoir is more like it, although mine doesn't have color on the edges of the falls. I can send a photo to who I bought it from. Would that be the easiest?

Thanks Mendy.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, I think that I know! It's French Can Can. Mind loss is a common occurrence here.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/86000/index.html

LOL, Dorothie! Mind loss is a common occurrence here too! Glad you figured it out. :o)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Happens to me all the time! Glad you got your answers. Those are gorgeous irises.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Keeping up with names can be a job. I bought 10 new ones last fall and instead of name tags sometimes I map them. Now, I cannot find my notes! I have one more place that they might be.
They are still beautiful to look at. Doss, you have beautiful iris.

Teresa in KY

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I name tag everything but everything that I get doesn't turn out to be what I ordered. In fact on those two the name tags were correct. (blush)

Here's another one.

This one was supposed to be "Morning Frost". Morning Frost is a pale violet color.

Thumbnail by doss
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Doss, she's a beaut. I can completely understand the mismarked irises. I got a few in recent years too.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It was an extra so I'm not complaining you understand. And markers can get misplaced when you are planting as many as I did last fall. I may go to tags. It's so confusing otherwise. My iris are planted pretty close together.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

It's a really pretty one, so cheerful.

Doss, what kind of camera do you use? The purples come out really nice.
I have a nice camera, it's great for capturing detail but I'm not happy with the purples, they look too blue. When I adjust the white balance, it distorts the other colors. Thanks,

Sandy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I know that white balance thing Sandy. I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ20 but it's a year old and I think that they've come out with new models since then. It did get good reviews for color. One other reason I bought it is that it has image stabilization. Very important for me because my hands shake. Also, although it's not a SLR you do get what you see through the viewfinder so that you can know about colors ahead of time. And even then sometimes I have to use a photo program to fix things. But not often. Much cheaper than a SLR but you don't have choices of lenses which is just fine by me. It does have a zoom and a macro and that's all I need.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks. I'll have to check that out. My hands shake sometimes too. I don't know how to use the photo programs-maybe I should look into that . My camera does an excellent job on all colors except purple and lavender.

I have some beautiful purple and cranberry colored iris, but haven't posted the photos because they just don't look right.

Sandy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Deep purple is difficult. Try taking photos at different times of day. Early morning hours are good. If you have an automatic shade adjustment you can try that if it's overcast or use the sunny one if it's bright. Changing brightness and exposure in your photo program can really help too. Here's a review of my camera. This site has reviews of almost everything.
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz20-review/index.shtml

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks, doss. I guess I should break out my manual and see if I can make more adjustments. LOL. Thanks for the link.

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.