Organizing Seeds

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Help!! How do you keep your seeds organized??. How do you store them?? Where do you store them?? Looking for some new ideas....

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i use to use a tackle box for all the envelopes of seeds
Now when i collect seeds- its those instant coffee tins for me-they stack really nice
But i really dont collect many seeds cept daylilies!

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

I have a 15 qt. tote with a snap on lid. I made dividers out of cardboard. prennials, annuals,and vegetables. i use the business size enevlopes for the seeds I save. I have a few of those little silica gel pillows for moisture. I got threm from buying purses and dog treats. I store it in the pantry wher it is dark.

Aleta

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I dry my seeds for a few days and store them in the tiny zip lock coin bags and in the fridge they go.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm bad. I put mine in tiny solo cups, then into a rubbermaid container. I end up stacking the cups - I write on the outside the name of the seed and when it was harvested. I also write 'start for sure' on some...not very scientific...

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I have been saving those "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BUTTER" small yellow tubs and I put them in there. Write the name and year on the top....but they just take up too much room. Looking to downsize it...

Aleta, I like your idea alot. Yesterday I went to dollar store and bought one of those accordion files, and will try that with small envelopes....

Deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.