Went NUTS for the Cat House

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Someone HELP ME!!!!! My name is Bluelytes, and I am a dahlia addict. I went to the kitten rescue plant/garage sale today, Saturday, May 6, and at Noon, they lowered the price to 1/2 off. I got a lunch sack full of glads for 1.00. Dahlias were 2.00/bag or 3 bags for 5.00, (I got 10 bags of dahlias, SOMEONE STOP MEEEE!! Plus two MORE day lillys, (plus the one from last year that sat in the pot all winter, well if you call what we have here "winter"), and assorted plants. I am SICK, I know!!

Best,
Bluelytes

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

LOL, Bluelytes! It was for a good cause though, right?! ;o)

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Ten bags of dahlias????
You have got to be kidding me?
I thought I could go crazy but you win the prize this year, Blue.
Well, have fun planting them all. Wow, hope you have room of them all too.
We will have to see pics this summer of what you got then. Were they labeled or just no-namers???
Carol

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Carol,
Well, "bags" may be a bit misleading, lol, as there were only about 2 or 3 tubers per bag, lol, but STILL, a LOT. Most WERE named, I got one called "Santa Claus" that looks very nice. And I dont think that I will have room for all of them. So, I will prolly have to put up notice here to get rid of them.

Regards;
bluelytes

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Oooh- I am trying 'Santa Claus' for the first time this year too.

"Only two or three per bag!" LOL. You better get your shovel idling and ready for action.

Did you get a kitten out of the deal too?
Annie

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

POOC,

I also forgot to add about the 7 small bags, I could NOT RESIST that were on half price at wally world!! And the glads, etc.

No, the kittens were WAY TOO SMALL, not enough meat on them yet. Muahahhaha!! lol

Regards;
bluelytes

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Very cool! Sounds like you got some great deals. Is the plant sale an annual thing? I might try to go next year, sounds like a great cause.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Sue,
Yes, is annual event, well, it was last year and this year, lol. Hope to see ya next year, coffee/lunch is on ME!! :)

Best Regards;
bluelytes

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.