mystery flower?

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

i dug this up from a friends yard and it bloomed afew days ago it has velvet textured leaves. anyone know what it is and how to grow it ?

Thumbnail by bulbhound
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Rose campion - lychnis coronaria. A great reseeder but usually stays close to the parent plants so it doesn't become weedy (popping up all over the place).

Another good one with orange red blooms is lychnis chalcedonia or Maltese Cross.

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!! This is the easiest ID I have ever had as I just posted some pix of mine.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I LOVE this plant and the babies are great too!! :)

Susan

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

yes i think its lovely its doing fine still, i hope it will grow shoots, the flowers are still deep red and going purple im curious about watering requirements?

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I have found that it isn't a water hog and it can take being a bit dry- if it gets adequate shade in hot weather. If mine are watered too much, it can ruin the foliage and it almost looks like mildew.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

As a baby this plant looks like lambs ear. While it is perennial, I've been told that it is short lived, which isn't that much of a problem since it reseeds so easily. I started with two, one of them died after the first year and from the seeds, I had many plants, most of which I've given away and the rest will find a place back into my garden.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.