I love variegated plants!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oooh, Machiko, it's so highly variegated! I'm in love. It's gorgeous! Is that 'Domino'?

GH

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

GrowHappy,

I think it is...but can't be sure. I got it unnamed in a trade at that "certain other" garden site. One of the last ones I did there, come to think of it.

Every picture I've seen on the web says that's what it is, so that's what I call it.

BTW, I LOVE your syngonium...I've never had any luck with any color of those. Sigh...I gave up because I couldn't stand to see another one die.

Turlock, CA(Zone 9a)

Wow, you all have such nice plants! I love variegated plants too, from houseplants to outdoors.I even planted some nasturtium seeds a couple of weeks ago, because they are variegated! Sure enough the little seedlings have green and cream leaves, so neat!
I have a great book called 'Variegated Plants'- The encyclopedia of Patterned Foliage by Susan Conder.Great photos and facts, I have quite a few of the plants they photographed but want lots more!
Kim

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

This stuff is addictive, isn't it Kim?;)

GH

Turlock, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh yes!!

(Zone 6a)

Red Princess - I was just looking through this thread and I saw the photo in your 'May 7, 2006 8:20 AM' post. In the middle of your group of plants is one that sort of looks like a prayer plant. Do you have it's name? I've had one like it for a number of years, but don't know what it is.

Thanks,
Steve

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Steve,

I have looked in my Miracle Gro Encyclopedia of Plant Care, which is an excellent book. Anyway, it is a Prayer Plant called "Maranta Leuconeura" Wonderful and easy plant to take care, providing you water it about once a week.

Char

(Zone 6a)

Thanks sooooo much Char! Now I finally know what it is :D

Steve

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.