Clematis for shade

Duxbury, MA(Zone 6a)

Do you know of any nursery in New England that might still have Mrs.Cholmondeley clematis available? Thank you.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Have you tried finding it through Google?

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

Blueheron4,

I know that it is not in New England, but Silver Star Vinery in the state of Washington has it on their website. I received the 9 clematis I ordered from Debbie at Silver Star a couple of weeks ago, and could not have been more pleased -- huge root systems. I initially wanted to stick with a NE nursery also. I decided to try SSV when Debbie responded to one of my questions (she is very responsive to e-mails) as follows: "These clematis are very hard and have been growing outside. They are not greenhouse wimps." SSV has a 100% positive rating on GW and a very nice two part thread in the Vines and Climbers forum. Good luck on your hunt and happy planting!

PS: I wanted a few shadesemi-shade tolerant clematis also, specifically Silver Moon. Although they do not yet appear on the website, I SSV had them. These babies are going to their new homes this morning -- can't wait :- )

http://www.silverstarvinery.com/vine_list_m.asp

(edited to add "Silver Moon" to the PS. I forgot to say what kind I was looking for . . . oops!)

This message was edited May 8, 2006 6:04 AM

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Irishbelle: thanks for the link. It's not as though I need any more but you gave every clematis lover a few great reasons to go to Silver Star Vinery and Debbie.

Duxbury, MA(Zone 6a)

Thank you Irish Belle for this great link. Loved it and have already ordered because of your kind help. Lee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.