How do I make starts off my Fushia?

Eugene, OR

I would like to know how to make starts off my existing Fushia, so I can give Fushia baskets as presents next summer. If anyone knows how please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Dolphin,
A few weeks ago I had to move my fuschia to a larger pot. As I did so, I broke some branches off. I made fresh cuts just below nodes and stripped off the rest of the leaves except for a set or two at the tip. I dipped them in Rootone and slipped them into moist seed mix. After two weeks, they still looked great and had not rotted or wilted. I did use woodier cuttings and not tender. I would love to tell you how well it went, but I knocked the pot off the other day while moving a fern. boo hoo I forgot to pick them up. I am sure it would have went well though, since there was no decline in the cuttings. Good luck to you.
Michele

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey it is me again. Guilt got the best of me, so I went out to pick up those cuttings. Normally I would not let a plant die at any cost, but being pregnant, I was in no hurry to go down and squeeze between my potting bench and deck. Well, I did go there today and low and behold, my fuschia cuttings were laying there in the gravel with roots! So, it really did go well. I potted them back up since they weren't even wilted. I guess I will be making some more cuttings for trades later on.
Michele

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

cool!!! save me one when you get more going. Just how far along are you??

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Plaes save me one as well....and email me and we'll work out a nice trade
sandy

just take cuttings and stick them in good quality potting soil or water or perlite , whatever. fuschia cuttings are very easy to propogate.

Dolphin,I'll trade something... a cutting for a cutting of your Fuschia . E-mail me...Jane

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.