Yay! Mine have started too :-)

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I have been really enjoying all your pictures. You all inspired me to plant some last fall. They aren't very big yet but I am pleasently surprised to have some blooms this year. Here's my thank you to all of you for your pictures.

This is an unknown that was given to me by a friend.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

This is FIERY TEMPER that I got from Mountain View Iris.

This message was edited May 5, 2006 11:03 AM

This message was edited May 5, 2006 11:04 AM

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I can't believe I had to edit the post above TWICE for typing mistakes - sheesh!

Here is Lacy Hagood's SW LONESOME DOVE. She is incredibly generous!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is TANGELED WEB

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is SNOWED IN

This message was edited May 5, 2006 1:40 PM

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is BATIK

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Yorkshire,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful irises Lilyfan, I am already in love with Lonesome Dove, and it has been added to my wish list.
I had to laugh when you said you needed to edit 'twice', it's always the same when you get all excited about your iris pictures, LOL. Happens to all of us from time to time. Your pictures are beautiful :)

Terri

Yorkshire,

Ooooooh, Tangled Web is yummy too :))

Terri

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous iris! I already have 'Fiery Temper' on my wish list.

The one you have listed as 'Night Ruler' is not. You may have selected the wrong pic, because it says 'Snowed In'. :-) It's beautiful though.

Here's Night Ruler from the plant files.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/84677/

Sandy

This message was edited May 5, 2006 9:05 AM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I was going to say the same thing as gonzo, lily. I'm willing to bet that the one you have pictured is 'Snowed In' not 'Night Ruler'. Great pics, though. Keep 'em comin'!!

Edited to say here's a link of my pic of 'Snowed In' for comparison.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/69636/

This message was edited May 5, 2006 10:27 AM

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

OMG!! What a maroon I am lol! It is SNOWED IN. I should just go back to bed sheesh! I think its because I'm not familiar with iris cultivars yet and connecting names and faces. So I guess I better go order a whole lot more and go look at catalogs instead of vacuuming! :^]

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL. Catalogs, hmmm.

Sandy

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful irises, lilyfantn! Thanks for sharing them with us.

(I little trick I have found is that you can edit the things that say "this message was edited...." Then if you don't tell anyone, it only looks like you edited it once. LOL)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Love them all! That is my problem. I love dark, deep shaded ones. Fiery Temper is beautiful. I just added Fade to Black and Red at Night.
Teresa

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

mgh, that's good to know-I once edited a post three times! LOL

Sandy

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Absolutely breathtaking, lilyfan - thanks for sharing - and since you're 6b, hopefully it won't be long to 5a - Dax

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW! They're all beautiful!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Great photos. I hope my TW blooms this year. I should probably be peaking by next weekend. I had 20 plants bloom overnight and there are still SDBs forming scapes while some of my TBs are finished already. Boy is this a great year. Just goes to show what happens when you look at each plants bloom time. It really does extend the season.

Roni

This photo was taken last week.

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

Roni, that's a really beautiful garden.

Sandy

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Gosh Roni, that's gorgeous! I love all the stonework. Mine is so unfinished looking compared to yours!

Thanks for the tip Mgh - That will certainly come in handy lol!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

This one bloomed yesterday and I just love the vivid blue of the falls!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Lily, I like that one. It does look like it's laughing.

Thanks for the compliments on the garden. I just wanted you to see the variety of bloom you can achieve with planning. If you look again, you can see all the classes except MDB (it's small, but there). Of course, my "plan" was just get lots of very early and very late of everything. LOL.

Roni

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I love that contrasting orange beard! Lily, do you have many rebloomers? I added a few last fall and I am hoping they will rebloom well here in zone 6.

Betty Wilkerson is a hybridizer that is working with rebloomers, she is in my iris club. She is located in Scottsville, KY and has a website. It is named after one of her first intros. Bridge in Time.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi Roni, planning is definitly my weak area lol! I'm much more of an impulse buyer and planter. I will try to learn and emulate your techniques - just call me grasshopper. :-)

Hiya bluegrassmom - I'm not sure if any of mine are rebloomers. I'll have to check. And I will definitly check out Betty Wilkerson's web site. I do like buying plants that are bred closer to home. I feel like they are more tolerant of our humid climate zone,

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Another one of Lacey's bonus plants from Mountaain View Iris bloomed today. This one has an usual almost greyish edge. I love it!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here it is from another angle.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Oops - forgot the picture.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

And LAST LAUGH looks especially nice today too. I just can't wait until all these are clumps like the ones you all have! :-)

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Grasshopper, don't forget PLUNK and PLANT once you have a variety of bloom times. :) Then do as Laurie taught let nature take it's course. 3 strikes and it's outta here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

lilyfantn, You have some beauties. I like the long fall on Last Laugh.

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.