TV commercials you LOVE or HATE?

Santa Barbara County, CA(Zone 9a)

With my DH ill and unable to get out and about the past six months or so, he's been watching a lot of TV -- which means I've been listening to a lot of TV. Some of the commercials are clever or humorous, but others just make me cringe. What commercials (preferably national or regional ones) do you love or hate?

I love:
* The Sprint ad where the business executive says using Sprint's Fair and Flexible Plan is his way of "sticking it to the man." His assistant replies "but you ARE the man, so aren't you just sticking it to yourself?" and the executive says "Maybe." Makes me laugh every time.
* Many Geico commercials: Almost anything featuring the gecko with the English accent, the one featured two highly insulted cavemen being treated to a meal at a restaurant, and best of all the spoof ad for a reality show where the newly married couple has to live in a tiny house for a year. I hate to admit it, but I was taken in by that last one more than once (I kept thinking it was an ad for an upcoming reality show).

And I hate:
* That Chase commercial with the guy singing in that really screechy falsetto "I'm 22 for a moment...." MUTE! MUTE! Must find the remote asap so I can MUTE! :-)
* Anything with David Spade.
* Those Round Table puppets. Seriously creepy.
* The medication commercial (not sure what the product is) that says "if you have a uterus, Product X may increase the risk of uterine cancer." Why not just say Product X can increase your risk of uterine cancer? I think people can pretty much rule themselves out for this type of cancer if they're male or if they've had a hysterectomy! Another medication ad, in its obligatory list of side effects, says one possible side effect is "delayed backache." So how do you know your backache is delayed? "Hmm. I'm having the backache I should have had last week?"

This thread has 171 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!