zone hardiness

Raymondville, MO

What's the zone hardiness for Central Missouri?I would appreciatte somebody telling me.Thanks!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html

Hope this helps!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Usually considered zone 5. In the center of a fairly large town where there is lots of traffic, industry, etc. to create a bit of heat you may slide into zone 6 in protected areas.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

If you're really on the border of a zone line and REALLY want to know, get a plantsdelight Nursery catalog, which has a map in the back. I found out I was 3 miles away from being zone 6a. hahaha

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

Hummy your in 6. It is tradidionally warmer in the southeastern part of the state. Central Missouri is like Leaf lady said though

Raymondville, MO

cjolene:Do you have the phone number for that magazine:Plants delight Nursery Magazine?
Thank you,for your help,
hummies_girl

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I feel like I'm following you around hummies_girl! LOL

http://www.plantdelights.com/

Raymondville, MO

Brinda:Thanks again,I sent for a catalog,I think it's going to be pretty nice.
Bye,
Hummies_girl

Raymondville, MO

Maryinla:Thank you for the garden on line address;I really liked it,but it tells me that I am zone 5. I thought I was in zone 6.......Oh well!
Thank you,again
Hummies

Hummies- do not let the zone stuff worry you much. Just pick up a plant you like and try it. About 3/4 of the what zone a plant should be grown in on tags in Box stores are worthless.

Raymondville, MO

Ozarkian:You are right;like a friend of mine says:I plant them,watered them,fertilized them,Now is their time to do their work,if they don't want to,out they go.
But you know,I'm the kind that takes a wasted twig,and plant it to see if maybe has some life in it.Bye and have a good night.!

hummies-girl----- I wonder if tyou been in the licking area very long. They used to have a big one armed sheriff in licking. Have not heard from him in about 40 years. He is my cousin.

Raymondville, MO

Ozarkian:I'm new all around this territory;as you noticed I live in Raymondville,just a few miles from Licking,but still,not close enough for me to know much about it;It's surprising that you have not been able to be in contact with your cousin all these years.
We are having quite a wind around here,it seems and feels like winter is coming back.....OH NO!My plants are all stressed out,but the beautiful daysies look marvelous in the field.
Bye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.