If you ordered iris for 06, which company was the best?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I buy most of my iris locally, but there are several on my wish list that is not available here. I was hoping that everyone could give an update on their current orders.
Thanks,
Teresa

This message was edited May 4, 2006 4:31 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I ordered from 5 or 6 places last summer and Mid American's were the best. Huge and healthy!

Susan

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I ordered from Schreiner's, Napa Iris and Leota's Iris last year. I would have to say that Napa sent the best rhizomes for me. They were very large and healthy.

deb

Edited to add:

I liked Napa so well that I bought more from them this year and they are the only place I've purchased from (besides the
co-ops!)

This message was edited May 4, 2006 8:19 AM

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Snowpeak..... they send beautiful rhizomes and I've never gotten a misnamed iris from them (the ONLY company I can say that about).

Neil

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I've ordered from Snowpeak Iris and Daylilies, Mid-America, Schreiner's, Cooley's, Aitkens Salmon Creek Garden, Napa and Keith Keppel without ever having any problems.

This message was edited May 4, 2006 8:05 AM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know if you've been to the Watchdog but there are lots of comments there and if you're worried about problems, that's the place to find them before you order. There are only a very few that have significant problems.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Doss
I have checked Watchdog, but I was wanting to see what everyone's order was like this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.