Alive or Dead?

Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

I have been watching this tree, hoping that it is alive, but also wondering if it was dead! I have just moved into my lovely home in December and have been waiting until spring to see if this tree is alive or dead.. Well, it is very much alive and is actually budding. I don't have any clue as to what it is though. I would like any info on this tree if anyone has a clue.

Thumbnail by LanieHyland
Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

Here is another picture of the whole tree..

Thumbnail by LanieHyland
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, that brings back memories for me. We had a tree like that in our yard and I haven't seen one like it since I left home in the 60's. I always called it a cork tree because that was what those ridges were like. I never knew if it was like that because it was sick or if that was normal. I guess this really doesn't help much for an ID!

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Looks like it might be Liquidambar styraciflua, or Sweetgum

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

thats it and they have beautiful color in the fall (in seattle). That one is alive and well.

Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the info everyone! My Mama, Eufala, led me here and this is the first posting that I have had. It is nice to see people actually read these postings! Thanks again!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

LanieHyland I am your neighbor to the north in Kalispell. Welcome to Daves Garden. I love the big nursery west of town and go there often. I forget the name. Hope you stay and enjoy Daves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.