Maypops

(Zone 6a)

Are anyones Maypops up yet? I grew one myself and this was its first winter outside. Should it be showing yet? Or will it not come up till later in the month? I hope it made it! :D

Thanks,
Steve

San Diego, CA

Steve, the most amazing thing happened with my maypops. With the dry winter we had, mine honestly started popping up in late February. Anyhow, usually they will pop up for most people around mid May or so, give or take a couple weeks. Be patient.
Mark

(Zone 6a)

Thanks Mark. I wish mine popped up in February. When they do start popping up, they'll probably start coming up all over the place. Do you know if I can expect fruit or not? Or would my summer probably be too short?

Steve

Nashville, TN(Zone 6a)

Hey Steve,

I planted a passion flower vine at my Mom's in mid to late Summer season last year. It grew huge, but never flowered.

I checked it last weekend, and three new vines were just coming up. We live in Tennessee, USA. I would assume that it's still too early for yours to be out just yet up North.

Hoping for some flowers this year. Good luck with you plant.

David

(Zone 6a)

David - Mine didn't flower last year either and I hope too that I'll see flowers this year. What bothers me though is that I got some suckers coming up in my unfinished greenhouse (it has no roof) and none of them have popped up even though it's much warmer in there. I'll have to hunt around tomorrow and take a really good look. I had suckers coming up 7' away from the main plant.....it will probably start popping up everywhere!!!

Thanx,
Steve

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Must be why they are called Maypops!

(Zone 6a)

LOL!!! I always have trouble with late plants.......since they haven't shown by May I assume they must be dead.

Steve

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.