Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

More no-names

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

no name

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I grew these but my sister gets credit for the photos - doesn't she take great pictures?

These all are named varieties....I just haven't found a method of labeling that lasts more than a year. LOL

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Can't get over that pic of Menton! Is it really day-glow purple?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, the colors are accurate. The picture was taken in the evening so the colors weren't washed out by strong sunlight but any time of day it is a knockout.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Boojum, I decided I better go check my memory. LOL Here are some pictures of it in daylight. It is definitely more pink than purple. I will check it again in the evening light and see how it looks.

It also has a nice scent.

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Another picture

Thumbnail by NoH2O
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

NoH2O, did you ever! great pics tell sis she's done good

This message was edited May 3, 2006 2:41 PM

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Last one

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Menton looks great by day, too!!

Central, UT(Zone 5b)

I never see many pictures of these posted....Hermodactylus tuberosa or Snakehead iris.

Thumbnail by Ally_UT
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Has yours wintered over in zone 5b as I thought they were not hardy in zone 6? I ordered some for the fall and planned on lifting part if them and leaving some in as warm spot in my garden as I to see how they fare. I love them. Patti

somewhere, PA

I love those unnamed tulips NoH2O especially that last puple w/white one.

I finally got some pic's today. Here's one of my Carolina Silverbell (Halesia Carolina)
with some end-of-season sale bulbs for which I never recorded the name. I started
the tree from seed a few years ago and I think its actually going to survive!

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

close up of the Silverbells.

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

A shot of my angelique & maywonder with dutch iris at the back.

Thumbnail by Tammy
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I love 'Menton'! What a tropical colored beauty!

The species tulips have totally wowed me this spring. This is the last of them, T. clusiana:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
somewhere, PA

And an unidentified tulip.

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

Do German Iris count as a bulb? The first ones to bloom are a lovely blue

Thumbnail by Tammy
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Tammy, those are beautiful pics! Your seed grown silverbell tree is wonderful- I love pendulous blooms. And with those purple tulips it's just stunning! The pink shades are lovely to.

My 'Queen of the Night' have been dancing in the breeze with 'Maureen'.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Some alliums are starting:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Tammy, those deep purple tulips with the Carolina Silverbells are stunning.

I think your unidentified tulip may be 'Shirley'. http://www.vanmeuwen.com/pix/m/2/21000.jpg

somewhere, PA

YES! I remember ordering Shirley - thanks!

Neal - your place is just glorious! I love that shot with the alliums.

I forgot to post a picture of my camassia's in their glory by the pond.
Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

And though I'm not sure its really a bulb... how about some iris cristata
sandwiched between a couple of primulas?

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

Definitely not bulbs but could there be a better color match than the native phlox divaricata with
these maizes? (can't get the spelling right on that last one).

Thumbnail by Tammy
Vanadzor, Armenia(Zone 6a)

Tammy, your white tulip might be Shirley form Triumph division, if it is midseason and of medium height; or 'Magier' from Single Late division, if it is late-flowering and tall.

Vanadzor, Armenia(Zone 6a)

NoH2O
I am sorry to say,but you purple tulip with white stripes is the fringed variety 'Blue Heron' infected with virus. it looks nice that way, but it is very harmful disease and can spread into your healthy tulips through bees or when cutting the tulips with the same cutting instrument. You should better to dig it out from the soil and through the plant away to prevent your other tulips from infection.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Boyed, thanks for that information. I will dig it up today and throw it out. How does that virus differ from the one on parrot tulips? That group of Blue Heron was planted with Blue Parrot tulips.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

tammy, flox and maizes, fabulous!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

bbrookrd, I am pleased I have saved you from the backside of a plant! I think the whole picture is important, and that can often only be gained by experience, thus the usefulness of Plant Files. Interesting thoughts from people of the past, I agree it is difficult deciding which plants are useful. I would love to have been a plant hunter, it must have been so exciting! I will have to be content with being a sort of Gertrude Jekyll of DG...

Tammy your phlox is amazing! It must like the conditions, the other plant is Mazus reptans. I had some on a bank but it took over so I took it out, in the right place it could be interesting. Your Silverbells is gorgeous, and how convenient that it should flower at the same time as the tulips! Such a pretty picture...

NoH2O could your red and white parrot tulip be Estella Rijnveld? I have a single survivor flowering now, i love that one! Got some pics of it to download, post it later. Here she is in bud

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well I can't match all those fancy things but I got some new pics this morning after 2 days of rain.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Another.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Last new one, an old bulb that I found along with the pink one above, while digging up an old flower bed years ago. I just stuck them in the mulch under my trees.
Andy P

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Estella Rijnveld!! That's it! Thank you. She is quite the looker. LOL

Andy, I think your tulips are gorgeous, especially that pink one. I don't know if I have ever seen a tulip I didn't like.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Andy I think your yellow and orange one is quite a looker!

Here is my Estella Rijnveld, it has been 'hot' for two days, no kidding! From 11C straight up to 21C, she was drooping her head at first but decided to enjoy the sun.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
somewhere, PA

Thanks for the spelled Wallaby! I was just totally blocked on the mazus and tried googling all
sorts of different names but couldn't get the spelling close enough.

And the phlox is native here. I've been digging out bits and spreading it around. It is very
happy here and we are very happy with it too.

Andy - I'm a sucker for orange & yellows so I really like that combo shot!

My property is just heavenly scented now. The daphne's & lilacs are bursting open all over
(well - lilacs anyway. Just one daphne open now.) And the self-seeded soapworts are starting
to bloom at the feet of the angelique & maywonder tulips. Oh I love this time of year...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.