My New Pretty

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I just went to the nursery for bonemeal and this pretty just jumped onto my garden cart. It's name is *Sunset*. It was $39.99 and with sale and coupon I got her for $19.99. Now to tear down the old pink climbing rose and get the stump dug out and this planted....Lauri

Thumbnail by lauriwilson
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Lauri-
Congrats on your sale find!

Actually, if you don't mind red and pink together, clematis make wonderful companions for roses. They are considered a classic combination.

The clematis uses the rose for a trellis.
-T

I thought about that but the rose is a very old type climber that no matter what I do it gets mildew and I don't want my clematis to get near that....Lauri

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Ah...gotcha.
-T

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Lauri you did good..That sure is one beautiful Clematis...Are you getting a new addiction?One is never enough remember you can always plant up..You might want to check out Debbie at SilverStarVinery hers are a MUST in your garden..!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Sunset is a great Clematis and I know that it will add much beauty to your garden.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Lauri where did you decide to plant it?You gotta post us another picture once you get it in the ground...

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I have Sunset, but the flowers are really small.

I'm going to put her on the fence as soon as Steve helps me remove the moldy rose. I'll get pictures when I get her into the ground....Lauri

did you ever get it planted Lauri?????????????????? did Steve help??????????????

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.