Iowa weather

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

This says it all even if it is for April.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

LOL That looks like the weather here too! ;o)

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

:-)
Thankfully, we've had about a month of non-stop wonder.
I don't hate it here (or life) now that it's finally stopped raining.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I like sun, but I need gloomy rainy days too. Too much of either isn't good. I really get depressed when it doesn't rain at all.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, I agree, billyporter. Too much of anything is too much. However, sun never makes me depressed like constant rain. I need to get a flannel lined raindress so I can still go outside and not melt the the witch in OZ.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Laugh! I was thinking, while I was vacuming, when people get their flower orders do they find they ordered more sun, or shade plants? I find I get far more sun because I buy what I like and think I'll find a place when it comes. Think I'll start a thread. Sounds like a good question.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Do it.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I did, in Garden talk. (I think.)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

double post

This message was edited May 18, 2006 2:20 PM

southwestern, IA(Zone 5a)

Billy, how is it in your neck of the woods?

Its 98° here right now and they say it may hit the 100° mark! We are used to plenty of heat and humidity here for the summers but wow this seems way to early in the year. 98° on June 9th is just crazy...lol Not to mention they are calling for severe Tstorms tonight and a high of 71° tomorrow! I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to mention our weather than this thread after your little comic strip! lol

I bet they are wrong and it will get into the 80's tomorrow. (praying for rain tonight though)

Jos

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I love that comic strip! It's a perfect example of Iowa!
We were on the cool side today, and will be cooler all week. I babysat my grandson today and we were outside, but I never checked the temp. We have been 90* once or twice, otherwise it's it's been 85* or so. I can leave the doors and windows open all night and close up in the morning, so it stays icy cool in here all day. We seem to be reverting back to May!. I sure didn't miss the wintery Memorial Day we usually have!!! We've been lucky with the rain this year too. I get so bummed when we don't get enough. Mainly because we run off a well point and running out of water is a possibility. Scares me. Eventually we'll have to go to city water. That riles me too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.