impatients in a homemade planter box

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

planted these a week ago and they are already growing! my hubby made this box for me.

kelly : )

Thumbnail by lovesdaylilies
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

don't mind the streaks lol i had just watered and got water all over the box.

(Zone 6a)

Ooo, very nice Kelly! Homemade items a such a nice touch to the garden don't they?

Steve :)

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Good job. That's going to be so pretty in another month or so.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

the homemade ones mean so much! : )

kelly

(Zone 6a)

I have a little sign in my one garden that I made when I was a kid that says 'Steven's Garden' on it. I still have it and I think I always will.

Steve

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

oh that is great! so you liked gardening as a kid? i did too.

kelly :)

(Zone 6a)

I loved gardening when I was a kid and I still have some of my first plants :)

Steve

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

no way!!!! how amazing!!!!! what are they?

(Zone 6a)

Some sedum(the type that grows into a ball), which really should be moved and divided as it's showing its age. Euonymus which was cuttings taken from my parents bushes. And my parents bushes were cuttings taken from my grandparents bushes.

Steve

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i am sure they are special because of the history. i remember planting daylilies, iris and daffodils as a child with my mother and they are still my favorites! it is amazing how plants and flowers can take you back.

(Zone 6a)

Thinking about it now made me remember when I was planting it with a childhood friend....now I feel all sentimental.
Sometimes it's easy to forget the history behind plants as you see them everyday.....But this thread has helped me to remember :)

Steve

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i am glad it helped me to remember as well. i have a daylily in my yard that is from my house i grew up at.

(Zone 6a)

I have daylilies we got from my Opa before he passed away.
It's so nice to have plants like that.

Steve

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i agree and hopefully they will get passed on from us as well :)

(Zone 6a)

Yes, I hope so too.

Steve

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.