SPIDERWORT "SWEET KATE"

Pompton Lakes, NJ

INTERESTING COLOR DUE TO CHILLY NIGHTS I GUESS?

Thumbnail by zonesix
Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Mine looks like that. The color stays true most of the year. I have one smaller spiderwort but this is my favorite. Linda

Pompton Lakes, NJ

LAST YEAR IT WAS GREENER..I LIKE IT THIS WAY,,,THE GARDEN GOT A GOOD START THIS YEAR....DOUG

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I love the color of your spider wort, but I spent the last 10 years trying to eradicate the three colors that I had planted years before. They were ill behaved in my garden, though I always loved the bloom. They invaded every day lily and lavender clump, so I have given them up until I hear that there is one which isn't a thug. patti

Pompton Lakes, NJ

I PLANTED THIS ONE AFTER IT BLOOMED LAST YEAR..IT DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO PROPAGATE..I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I MAKE OUT THIS YEAR...IT'S A NICE ACCENT IN THE SPRING...

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I remember seeing an interview with the man from Wayside Gardens. He said it did not spread like the other Spiderworts. Anyone agree? Linda

Pompton Lakes, NJ

I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THIS FROM WAYSIDE LAST YEAR...

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Here's a shot of mine from last year. It does stay that pretty color. And this year it is bigger but not spreading. And it propagates easily.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I have had mine in a pot for a couple of years and finally planted it in the ground last fall, it came back up so nice a lush. Love the bright blooms against that lime green foliage.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I love mine and yes it stays that color for me all season. I cut it back when it gets leggy and in about three weeks it comes backs and blooms again.

Pompton Lakes, NJ

I ACTUALLY HAVE TWO IN MY GARDEN ,,PURCHASED A DIFFERENT TIMES. ONE STAYS A NICE GREEN ALL SUMMER THE OTHER AS YOU SEE TURNS YELLOW COLOR....

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The Sweet Kate should always be yellow.

Pompton Lakes, NJ

I'LL CHECK THE TAG AT LUNCH TIME TO SEE WHAT THEY CALL THE GREEN ONE.

Pompton Lakes, NJ

MY GREEN ONE IS CALLED "CONCORD GRAPE"

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I have 'Bilberry Ice'. It is suppose to be smaller than most. But, It cannot compete with 'Sweet Kate' for color. Linda

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Here is same Sweet Kate that was in last year's picture I sent earlier. This was taken yesterday. It's still bright yellow with blue flowers. And that's Dianthus Black Magic behind it.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Rockford, IL

I planted 2 of the Sweet Kate 2 years ago. They are the yellow color and have not spread. Coneflower Cate

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.