Does anyone know what this is

Sharon, MA(Zone 5b)

This "weed tree" grows in my backyard,but it's so pretty! Does anyone know what it's called?
I love this website! I started a diary , it's so easy to organize everything with it!Any advice is welcome!
Donna

Thumbnail by donnadonna
Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

Some sort of flowering cherry?

pam

New Haven, CT(Zone 6a)

You know, the blooms look like crabapple...what is the bark like? Do the flowers have a scent? Later in the season, when it produces fruit, it'll be easier to tell (though my crabapple makes little cherry-looking fruits, so there still might be some confusion...).

Sharon, MA(Zone 5b)

You know, I can't remember if it has any fruit. It must, I guess. I'm so thrilled with it though! Such a pretty little tree ramdomly plopped in a perfect place !
I'll have to check the bark. Right now it's pouring, which makes me very happy,because that allows me one less time to have to water everything I just put in.

Athol, MA

To me the flowers look like Dogwood but that is a tree not bush. These appear to be bushes.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I've never seen it have any fruit. I have the same thing. It volunteered by the telephone pole. I see it along the main roads, but I'm not sure what it is either. Definitely a shrub of some sort.

Chester County, PA(Zone 6b)

It looks like my apple trees. What does it look like now?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have a very similar one, actually 2.
I asked for an ID and most likely it's a Crabapple.
Mine has reddish leaves in early Spring that turn green and pink flowers. No fruit.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Lots of crabapple species and hybrids with and without fruit. about 1/3 of the ones in one of my tree books look just like that.The leaves and flowers are consistent with the pictures also. Many, Many kinds!
I have an old one at the bottom of our street that who knows how it got there? This property used to be part of an old farm long long ago. I love it. the fruit is small and not too significant. but is sure pretty for a week or so each spring.
Marth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.