Costco Greenhouse

Warren, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hello !
We have been salivating over this greenhouse on the Costco website.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11120176&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1

We think it might be this greenhouse from Belgium from IGC. (I like to dream BIG!). Anyone have any experience with this particular greenhouse?

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/igcusastore/prodinfo.asp?number=HG-VI

Thanks for your input, it's a great forum.

This message was edited May 1, 2006 9:02 AM

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

No experience but this looks like something I saw at Charlies Green House in Mount Vernon Washington. Even the name is the same Sorry I can't check their catalog because I just did spring dumping of old seed and garden catalogs but you may find it online. May give you a price comparission if so. Ernie

Thumbnail by eweed
Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

No experience here.
Thats a very expensive Hobby. I don't even spend that much on commerical houses.
I am in shock over that price. Sorry.
I can buy a 30x96--double poly. 4 foot side walls, heating, cooling, everything needed, for $9000.
The same company has Hobby houses.
They have glass ones too but don't know how much.
http://www.atlasgreenhouse.com

Warren, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thank you, eweed I'm going through the recycling trying to find the Charlies I threw out.

You're right CricketsGarden, we can only dream (a cold frame is more our speed!) but our friend is serious so we're living vicariously! Thanks for the link.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

np...

I looked at the costco link but they didn't have anything available. I just bought the 6x6 greenhouse at costco, is that the one you were talking about? They were clearancing it out. I picked it up for $250. They had it for $400 originally. I had been watching it. They still had a few left. I haven't put it up yet and probably won't until fall. Looking forward to it though.

Brenda~

Warren, NJ(Zone 6a)

pinkpoodlegirl,

No it was a steel and glass English Victorian sort of greenhouse...very extravagant! We saw tons like it in England that were around $500 there. Alas, as I said, simply dreaming stuff here for me. I didn't realize that Costco had clearances. Were you following that greenhouse on a link or at the store?

I looked at your journal and wanted to say what a lovely thing your memory garden is. My Dad bought us a japanese maple and after he passed I find myself talking to him whenever I'm near it. It's such a comfort somehow, isn't it?

nancy

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

nancy,

I get a lot of comfort from my memory garden. It gives you a connection with something still living I think. I bet your japanese maple is a great focal point in your garden.

A friends has a black granite square (it looked like granite floor tile, 12"x12") engraved with a poem and a picture from their wedding that her husband gaver her as an anniversary gift. It was beautiful...some kind of laser engraving. It was the first time they had tried it with a photo and it turned out great! I was thinking of doing something like that for my memory garden. I need to get the contact info from her husband. They were someone he was doing some contract work for.

I would love to have one of those victorian greenhouses but don't have the space or money for one. Costco clearances things at the store constantly. Things online are not always the same as in the store. The same 54 bottle wine cooler we bought in the store was $399 in the store and over $500 online.

Brenda~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.