Need help - where is this garden photo taken?

Phoenix, AZ

Hi Everybody,
I got this photo from a garden magazine and I thought I was going to see it this past week in Brookgreen Gardens in South Carolina known for its sculpture. Wrong place - can anyone identify the exact location? Judging from the green, I would even say a plantation garden in Louisiana, but I can't seem to track down the statute and photo on any website.

Can anyone tell me where this is?

Thumbnail by chicago90
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Moss looks like la. mississippi.?

Starkville, MS

Could be anywhere along the Gulf Coast or across S GA or AL. Some Spanish Moss does go farther North along the Atlantic Coast, but for an ID of that particular shot, it will be a matter of someone who has been there seeing your picture and answering.

It sure is a beautiful garden though. I hope you find it.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

If the photo was in a magazine, could you e-mail the customer service people for help in an ID?

Phoenix, AZ

Unfortunately, I don't remember the magazine where I originally got it. It could of been a garden or a travel magazine (high gloss).

I don't think its a private home, but anything is possible.

Conway, AR(Zone 7b)

Do you think it is Long Vue? it's now a museum home for touring--was the site of a movie with Paul Newman years ago...

Gallatin, TN(Zone 7b)

Long Vue was demolished by Hurricane Katrina and is still not restored to its original beauty...will probably take a long time to get it back to that state...such a shame..especially if this picture is of Long Vue!

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Well, I found this much.....
http://www.longuevue.com/

... but didn't see anything like your pic in the few photos I saw on there. Interesting site, though!

Phoenix, AZ

Here's the long awaited answer!

This property is for sale for only $25,000,000. It is the Medway Plantation and it is outside of Charleston, SC. It is not open to the public. I found out it was open for a special viewing a couple of years ago in October in conjunction with the Charleston Flower Show as part of a private tour. It has the one of the oldest homes in the state. There are books written about this incredible place!

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Cool! How did you find it?
Gail

Phoenix, AZ

Persistence!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.