Doing the Happy Dance!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

They finally got the Thunbergia Smoothies Apricot and Raspberry in. I tried overwintering them in the basement but they all croak for me. Did anyone else try to and succeed?? I wonder how the ones that got to get away from me did......lol!
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

wow. lovely. I guess they're call smoothie because of the fuzzy leaves? my thumbergia that I am growing from seed are not hairy. I think the name is Blushing Susie.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

That's wonderful, Donna! I grew Thunbergia, Smoothies Raspberry last year. I sited it on the southern side of my split rail fence. It grew well, but didn't flower much during in our summertime heat & humidity. It took off once the temperatures in the Fall cooled down. I think in the future, I will site it so that it gets only morning sun and see if it likes that location better. I hope it will be happy in your garden.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have the apricot one. I really like it.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks! I did find out last year that the Apricot does bloom better and faster than the Raspberry. I went thru all my pictures from than but could only find ones for the Apricot...weird.

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I gotta get me one of those Apricot ones she sure is a beauty...Pgirl where did you get that heart planter??

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Demstratt! I got the heart planter a couple of years ago at a greenhouse.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Donna, I love those!! Good luck!! Cindy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Cindy.

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Donna I tried overwintering mine here in the basement, but I do believe it died, no sign of it perking up yet :(

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I, too have the Apricot Smoothie, and I sure hope it continues blooming throughout the summer without too much heat stress.

Gracie

Thumbnail by grakay
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I mentioned at the greenhouse about overwintering and not surviving and all the lady said it was hard to do.....sheesh!

Beautiful, Gracie!! I think as long as it gets enough water it should do well.

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Donna,
I would not give up, they are pretty darn tough. Here in zone 9 the Thunbergia Alata's don't even die back in the winter, and when I got the Raspberry Smoothie last year I wondered if it was as tough as the others, but I went ahead and stuck it in the ground and sure enough, it survived the winter green & is already popping out some flowers. So try, try again! Maybe less water and a bright light?
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.