I'm So Excited!!

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello to everyone,

I just started knitting a few months ago, and I really love it. So far, I've made several scarves, a baby blanket, and a throw-sized afghan. I've seen patterns online, and in books, for socks, but I couldn't seem to work up the courage to branch out...until now!

When I heard about a sock knitting class, to be given at our local craft store, I just had to reserve a space. I knew that if it were up to me, I'd probably never attemp it, so I saw this as a wonderful way move on in my knitting. Our first of three classes was yesterday, and I had so much fun. We knitted the cuff and heel flap to the first sock, and were told that if we wanted, we could use some waiste yarn to mark that place, and do same for the other sock. Well, of course, I had to see if I could do it on my own, so I knitted the cuff and heel flap for the second sock last night.

Now, I think I'm addicted to sock knitting, because I'm thinking of raiding my yarn stash, so I can start some more. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with a bunch of cuff and heel flaps, but, I sure want to make some. lol Actually, I'm thinking of seeing if I can follow the pattern myself, and make a whole sock. I have plenty of single skeins, and it would give me a chance to try out the double pointed needles I made recently, using wooden dowels. I'm curious to see if they work.

Anyway, that was my weekend. I've had a great one.
Jennifer

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!