Finished!

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I finally finished the purple quilt I made for my sister Rylaff. The quilt is completely hand made..it is handpieced; then I hand embroidered a feather stitch around some circles where the fabric was too close to the background color, or where I had two fabrics that were similar in color, but the hue was slightly different (you try to find that many shades of purple/lavender! LOL!); then I hand quilted the whole thing; and finally the border is made up of hundreds of hand pieced diamonds and triangles. Her bed is a full sized pillow top/plush....mine is a king sized, so it doesn't look as nice on my bed as it will on hers...it should be perfect for her bed. Notice my siamese, Mezer, is hlepign me make the bed, then posing to make sure he is rmebered for posterity. Meezer always helps me quilt and crochet!

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!