Climbing Oleander

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It isn't really an oleander, but is instead Strophanthus gratus and smells pretty good(sort of a rose fragrance).

Thumbnail by Calalily
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Where did you get that beauty? Can I order one?

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I like that too...

Loretta...

I bought it at a local nursery. A 3 gallon pot was $25. I put off buying it for a long time, but I kept going back.
The nursery has a huge one planted in the ground and all of the ones they sell came from it. How does one propagate this plant? Like an allamanda?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Susie-
Congrats!
I have one, too, but mine hasn't started blooming this year, yet...

These are also called poison dart plant, so be careful. The plant "juices" are poisonous.

If your flowers get pollinated, you'll get a huge mustache-looking pod thingy full of seeds.
-T

I'll be careful! Maybe it would be easier from seeds. I hope it gets pollinated.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I need to quit looking at your posts Cala! My bank account just cant take anymore! Between you and Kell Im always saying just one more and Im done. Yea right LOL! I look forward to the next must have. :o)
Caren

I resisted this plant for two years. I finally gave in!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I can only dream of such will power!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

It's beautiful, Suzie. I think I've killed two of them in the past couple of years. LOL

Oh no Ada, if you killed it, I don't stand a chance! I couldn't decide where I wanted to plant it, so I put it in a 15 gallon pot for now. Do they like sun? The nursery had them in the sunny stuff greenhouse, but not outside.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Susie-
Mine did best facing east...morning sun, and afternoon shade.
-T

Glad I put it in a pot so I can move it! It's in all day sun right now. I will move it to the side that gets afternoon shade.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Gorgeous, Susie! Another one I've admired from afar.
:) Donna

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

It looks lovely tucked in with your E.E.'s and Calaldium.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.