More Cannas

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Here are some of the canna lilies my sis gave me. The purples are really looking healthy. She had one that got to be about 15-20 feet tall last year (at least it looked that big in the picture!). I don't know what I will do if mine gets that tall...but it is planted over the septic tank...and we all know that the grass grows greener over the septic tank for a reason....so there is no telling how big this baby will get! I've got three of them planted...and two more that have been in the plant hospital getting H2O2 and SuperThrive. I'll be transplanting the rest of them tomorrow or the next day.

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Looks good!

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I just hope it doesn't outgrow the garden! Especially since I have four of them!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Looks just like mine! Mine are unruly though and have busted past the border and are popping up in the yard. I hate to dig them up but they're trying to make a run for it:LOL:

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Oh no! Sounds like it is time to round them up and start a new garden!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Looks great. These grow very well for me and get extremely tall. I would guess that thebloom was about 12 feet. Here is my canna bed. You will notice they are taller then the other canna. I keep all my canna together because I have to spray with thuricide regularly. We have a horrible problem with leafrollers around here.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I wsa trying to find the picture you posted last year of your 12 foot canna in bloom...could not find it for anything! I know I saw it...but I'll be darned if I could find it.

That weird yellow one has been identified as Bengal Tiger. Go figure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.