Crows are flying off with my chickens

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

It was the closest that I could find though.

I had 25 chickens about the size of cornish hens now. and when I went off to Indiana for 4 days, DH and kids let them out to free range and the crows picked them off one by one i'm down to l0 now, When I found out it was the crows I locked them up in the pen but let them out in the pen, there's a chicken house to lock them up in at night and a pen during the day and they were picking them up out of the pen during the day, Now I have to keep the last l0 locked up in the house till the ir bigger, This just isn't fair, what can I do about this. I paid alot of money for them. I have since gone and bought 25 more, and am keeping them locked up. I have a big caged in portable pen with a top on it, but when the babies are in the big coop, which they are in now, I can't catch them cause the coop is too big, and it's too much trouble to put them into the portable pen, AND I can't keep them in th portable cage during night time cause something came and tried to pull one out of the one inch holes in the chicken wire. Their gonna get those birds if their life depends on it. I'm headed out to the chicken coop now to see if there is still l0 out there, cause there is a gap on top of the door to close them in, and those crows are smart enough to slip through that gap and carry off more.

IS there something I can do to keep them away?

kathy

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!