Hello from Eatonton,this is my very first post on this site!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate, so I'll appreciate any help you all!
I'm a garden person for sure,vegetables and flowers. Trying to learn how to grow fruit trees and beat the wild life to the fruit!
Ihave a small 3 acre semi farm, with chickens, dogs(great dane and a chihuahua) . My husband and I are semi retired and are now living as working artists. I was a 35+ year Floral designer in Savannah. This incorporated having to know just about everything I could accumulate on houseplants and tropicals,as well as general gardening.
So thats me in a nutshell for now , Howdy,
Eufaula

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

welcome to Daves.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome to D G,we all here learn from each other,and the more diversified the better,Mike

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Eufaula. I'm kind of new myself but have seen some really helpful people on here. Jump in and add what you think.
Sharon

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Wassup girlfriend?? Now we have to get Minta over here and we'll have a party!
There is all kinds of great info here and people too, guess I should have mentioned it to you : ~) Please forgive me! Let me know if you need anything!

Hugs,
Susan

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi and welcome!

Why not plan on meeting a bunch of us and get some free plants? We're have a plant swap May 6, http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/573539/ a great way to get started!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Whoa! I have a new place to visit and have new friends and old as well! What could be sweeter! Now Our plans to meet up got very interesting! I now have a group from two different Ga. Web site that want to meet , Yaay!! Im going to visit this link here at DG to see what is goin on with the plant swap , my oh my , just couldnt get any sweeter!( can ya tell I'm happy!)

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Just do it! You're too close not to come.

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8a)

I think they has had a show(on hgtv) on a family that moved to eatonton and found a lot of history in the old house that they bought. I've been there about 4 times. It's nice and the people are nice. Welcome to the forum.

Fritz

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

HEY y'all, thanks for all the welcomes ,New friend and old!

Fritz thank you , and you are very right the family you are speaking of lives in one of the historical homes in Eatonton. I live outside the city about 8 miles, right on the edge of the Oconee forest. It is just too beautiful and peaceful here!

Thanks again everyone for the welcome! I've kinda made a place for myself in the Poultry and farm animals thread too! Take alook we had a "sad",story today!
Eufaula

Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

Hey Mommy! Just a quick note to say hello. I thought I would get on here and see some chick pix! But I can't find any from you. So, I will wait patiently and see if there are any to pop up today! Love you lots! Lanie

Thumbnail by LanieHyland
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh my gosh , Hello Child! Lots of love to you in Montana! My Chicky Pics, are in the Poultry Forum , the Chicken Coop thread!

You just never Know who you are goin to meet up with here,Hee hee!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi I am from Eatonton also I just moved here last summer rom Florida. Eufaula I sent you a personal email to say hello. I just found this Georgia gardening site and wish I would have seen it sooner to find the plant trade on the 6th. I will have to check back often. Happy gardening! Amy

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hello Amy, I sent you a PM right back at Ya! You are just going to love this site!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.