Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Lebanon, OR

86-04

Lebanon, OR

85-04

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

They are all lovely Dee - 127-04 is my clear favorite of all of them. I think that I'm having a thing for yellow and white these days though.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I like 127-04 and 85-04!

Lebanon, OR

Thank you both...many are now in bloom. Decisions decisions decisions. Can not keep them all.

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I like both of those, plus 101-04. The subtleness of the blue blending with the lavender-violet is awesome. Sort of a Periwinkle Plus. Is it trying to make horns?

Lebanon, OR

Yes, it is trying for horns..:) good catch Elizabeth

Want to show just one cross and how different they are

124-04C

Lebanon, OR

124-04B

Lebanon, OR

124-04

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

86-04 is my favorite. It just looks so bright and cheery.

Susan

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Dee great crop ones I like so far are 86-04, 127-04, 101-04 (IB?)
the vein on 123-04 are killer you are getting some great veins
124-04 you know I like that one Love that bright yellow beard on the dark
A

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for posting the photos of the siblings, Dee. You can see the family resemblance yet, clearly, they have their own personalities. What a joy it must be in your garden this time of year.

Lebanon, OR

I am enjoying being out there now to see the first go at the seedlings as only the dwarfs blooming elsewhere.

Some interesting veining this time and as soon as the dew is gone I will be out doing crosses.

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

We'll imagine you out there with tweezers in hand. It sounds like a fun day for you. Much better than weeding!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I love 101-04. The color is beautiful.

Lebanon, OR

Texas

Thank you:)

Lebanon, OR

Here is one that bloomed today
100-04

Lebanon, OR

103-04

Lebanon, OR

120-04 finally that's all folks for tonight
D

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Denise, if I am feeling better next week, can I come out and see all the beauties please? I have some plants for you from Lenjo. Right now they are in a box and I am keeping them watered, but they need to get into the ground.

Lebanon, OR

You know my door is always open to you.

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love 100-04 and 120-04 Denise. Those blue beards against the gold are smashing.

Lebanon, OR

Thank you Doss working alot with Keppel, Black, Ghio and Blyth iris now.

D

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Then you are working with beauty, character and good plant habits. Not a bad combination.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Fascinating seedlings! 124-04C has a wonderful red glow to it, and 124-04 is interesting also - they all are actually, but my comment is on even the ones that are so close but still individual! how do you choose? It's hard enough for me to choose which varieties I want to order from a catalog, even when I know I can order them another year.
Sharon

Lebanon, OR

Sharon
For me it is very hard to pick as most have something to offer but now with all the land I have I must pick and chose as I also have about 300 to plant this year and have made a ton of dwarf crosses

Thank you
D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.