Need help installing an arbor?

Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi,

We bought an arbor that came in pieces and it was easily put together. When we got it together it had a horizontal bar across the bottom so that it 'sits on top of' the ground. It falls over in a slight breeze. [g] What were they thinking? lol So we want to convert it to an installed into the ground arbor and we are not very handy. If there is anyone here that is handy and could help us figure out the best way to do that, I would really appreciate it. I do have some photos I could post.

prairie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Prarie...can you take that bar that sits on the ground and screw on anchors and cement in the ground?...what we did was buy these 90 degree angled metal fittings at Lowe's and screwed them on the bottom

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

First we had dug the holes where the Arbor was to go..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Filled the holes with Quikcrete ..then placed the anchors of the arbor into the cement..took a leveler and leveled it..put strings on sticks we hammered into the ground to hold it level while it set up for 24 hours...we misted it every so awesome and the cement will also pull moisture from the ground

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Even my Duck thought we did good..LOL

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Burlington, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Jeanne...

Thanks so much for sending along photos of your work. You did do a great job. I was hoping not to use cement. I am thinking over what you did and trying to figure out if I can do the same thing without using the cement. Are those ducks real? lol

prairie

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Prarie..LOL...yup they are real..I live on Lake Conroe and they love to come and let me feed them and swim in my pond...You could also rebar to stablize your arbor by attaching the rebar to your arbor with hose clamps that you use to fix hoses...here is my arbor now...I have 2 climbing roses and 4 clematis growing on it...goodluck..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.