Arching the gap

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

I built a gate a year ago to close off the 'Hacienda Garden' from the doggies during the day, installed it, and it has yet to be closed for an entire day. Guess we know who's boss (es) at this ranch...lol.

Here's a pic of the gate. It is made from fence boards left over from when I constructed the 'Squiggly board' fence. The gate is 48in wide and about 5.5ft tall at the height of the arc. The posts have always been an eyesore to me and I've had this bit of metal that Pam just loves that is shaped like a star. Well I was out behind the hay barn the other day looking for something and it hit me that I could make an archway over the gate that would frame the gate properly, get rid of some scrap wood, and create a place for Pam's star all at the same time.

Thumbnail by drdon
This thread has 142 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!