Does anyone want to talk about rebloomers?

Cordele, GA

I am trying to add a generous number of rebloomers. For each iris that I add just because I love the color I am trying to add a rebloomer as well. Does anyone have pix or verbal recommendations for zone 8?

Beth

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm zone 5 so what reblooms for you won't necessarily rebloom for me, but I'm paying attention anyway!

Cordele, GA

I have a few that are reported to rebloom, so I have hopes for the later summer and fall. If the current rate of growth is any indication then I should get some results from Lady Friend and Frequent Flyer. So many of the ones that are listed as reblooming seem to be in the pale shades and I really like the darker and richer tones. Actually , by July I am almost to the point of sticking out plastic and silk flowers just to have color in the beds.

Beth

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I have Ladyfriend. It was my Mom's. It is a gorgeous pink so I hope it's the same as yours. I didn't know it rebloomed. I'm trying to go rebloom too. I only have Immortality, but it's nice. I also like orange iris. I have Supersimmon and Son of Star. Son is scented. I'm going to beat the iris borers yet because I love iris!

I hear you on the plastic flowers. I have a bagful of Mom's sitting in the shed getting smashed. I'm putting some of them out this year.

Cordele, GA

My Lady Friend is more a garnet. It is listed on the reblooming iris society TB list as reblooming in zone 9, but, due to early start this year and our mild winters, I have hopes. Frequent Flyer is listed as rebloomer in zone 5, Lilyfan. I can probably send you a start in late July if you don't have it.

I have ordered Pagan Dance, Paprika Fono's, Rosalie Figg, and Maria Tormena all of which are listed as capable of rebloom. I am using Iris City for these and I will probably place one other order with another grower. After all I have so much time to get a new bed ready. That is a cue for laughter, folks. I never have the bed ready to plant in before the plants arrive.

Beth

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm laughing, and I'm the same way. No bed is ever large enough, or ready enough. This year I ordered sun lovers and noticed the shady bed has all the empty spots. Alas.

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I am in zone 8 in Texas. My best rebloomer to date is 'Bethany Claire' which is a wisteria blue. It has bloomed like crazy for me. I added some new rebloomers last year but I won't know until the end of the season how they do.

Cordele, GA

When the iris are blooming, I want more irises. When the daylilies are blooming, I want more daylilies. And all the time I want a full time gardner so that my 58 year old back and shoulders don't have to deal with the digging. Oh, and a maid 'cause I would rather dig than vacuum, any day.

Beth

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I hear you turtle!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Me, 3, Turtle. I have a coffe mug that says Gardening Forever, Housework Whenever.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Turtle, thank you for the generous offer and I might have to take you up on it. I'll check what rebloomers I currently have and we can go from there. One that has been very reliable for me both spring and late summer has been Barndance. It is a re-blooming fool!

leaflady, that's my kinda cup!

billyporter, I to have the same problem with getting the beds prepared ahead of time, it is always a last minute rush for me, but I must love it that way or I'd do it differently right?

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

That's right, or do we not want to let our DH know that we're tearing up more yard? I made my half moon bed flower by flower while he was waxing his car. He really liked it when it was done. Laugh.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My Lady Friend is Garnet too.

Harvest of Memories is an amazing rebloomer - it's yellow. It's supposed to be a reliable rebloom down to quite low zones. For me it blooms in the spring and then from Sept to February.

Lenora Perle is a median peach iris that is really reliable too.

This is Harvest of Memories in November but I am in Zone 9

Thumbnail by doss
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I know I wrote down that Mom's ladyfriend was a beautiful pink. Mom's name was Garnet. So I'm thinking I may have the same one.

Cordele, GA

I added up my iris orders, plants not money, for this year. I have ordered 19 new iris. Last year I ordered lilies. And the daylily sale in Albany

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.