Selling Iris/Yardsale

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Last August, I dug and potted several Iris with the intention of selling them at a yard sale this spring/summer. They are doing great in their pots, but now I am wondering how they will do for the buyer.

As the bloom season is now starting, I am worried about selling these now. Whomever buys them will plant them between now and August I'm assuming, but will this be good for the plant? I want the buyers to be happy and I want to be confident selling them my Iris.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks, Sue

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Potted irises can be planted pretty much anytime between last frost and first frost, so I think you can sell with confidence whenever you feel like doing so.

Laurie

Yorkshire,

Perhaps if you could show potential buyers a picture of the iris/es you're selling that might help both you and the buyers Sue. It's always nice to have an idea of what your purchases are going to look like.
I've found several real treasures at 'boot sales' and tabletop sales.
Good luck with your sale.

Terri

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Are you including the pot? They could leave the rhizomes in the pot until the end of summer and then plant them in the ground.

Yard sales are a lot of work. I hope yours does well.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi all, thanks so much for your replies.

Laurief- good news and now I'll sell them with confidence!
Terri- yes I will include a photo and growing instructions too. Great idea.
1gardengram-I am including the pot, they are actively growing right now. I would love to keep the pots though. ;0)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.