1200 Step coleus addiction Program

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

First step ; face the group & repeat after me,
"My name is ________and I am a certified coleus addict!

Okay someone else add the second step. We can all take turns adding just one at a time. We'll compile them after we get a good start. Try not to duplicate.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

This is NOT going to work Sugar. I'm already drooling over those in the picture! I'm obviousy not ready for the next step! LOL
((hugs))
Pati

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

"My name is ________and if you see me drooling, I am a certified coleus addict!

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

Sugar, what is that awesome red one? I am addicted, I need to start my seeds.... afraid we are gonna move so not wanting to put anything in the ground

Janis

Very goodBenjamin.
Woofens I have no idea, but maybe Scarlet Wizard
Here's another I have a big one of. I have no Idea what it's name is.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Sidney did you get those beauties from seeds??I'm liking those alot...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

HEHEHE......

So much for the 1200 step program.....you guys can't even get past the first step without going into dissertations about how beautiful they all are and what's-it's-name jabber........ROTFL......

No, the "Pop-up" nursery on Beach ave. They just throw up a tent and load it with plants.
Sidney

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

"My name is Heather and I am a certified coleus addict!"

Step Two...Close your eyes and take a deep, cleansing breath. As you inhale think of all the positive things in your life (other than Coleus). Sunshine, rain, time to garden...imagine your own list of positive things.

I think this is a great thread for us all to share in. It will truly help those of us who cannot help ourselves. We may have to develop a buddy system for some of the newer members who are a bit more fragile. Does anyone second that?

Also, I think it would be good to interview some of our family members to get support going for our new program. Maybe we could interview them now and then again in say, about 2 weeks and note if they see any difference in our Coleus appetites. I know that my DH has often............oh, oh, OMG! Sidney! BREATH OUT!!

Um, maybe I should edit Step Two.

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Step Three....admit the Truth about how many named
Coleus are growing in your home,garden,or nursery
also admit to the Pinching in public.

Hi my name is Pheadra and I have at the moment
36 named Coleus and at last count 12 unnamed

1.CAREFREE MIX 2.RAINBOW MIX 3.WIZARD MIX 4.INKY FINGERS 5.STRAWBERRY DROP 6.JACK OF DIAMONDS 7.BUTTERCREME 8.PINK CHAOS 9.ALABAMA SUNSET 10.SEDONA 11.FIRE FINGERS 12.GAYLE 13.DEFIANCE 14.BLACK DRAGON 15.ROSE KONG 16.RUSTIC ORANGE 17.GOLD BOUND 18.DANCING RUFFLES 19.ELBRIGHTO 20.FESTIVE DANCE 21.FLORIDA SUN JADE 22.FLORIDA SUN ROSE 23.INDIA FRILLS 24.MARIPOSA 25.SABER MIX 26.VOLCANO 27.BLACK KNIGHT 28.ROARING FIRE 29.ROBYN 30.FRIGHT NIGHT 31. AURORA PEACH 32.AURORA BLACK CHERRY 33.BECKSWITH GEM 34.FANCY 35.SMOLDERING 36. RED RUFFLES

And yes I`m a Pincher Public and Private,heres the
Nursery

Thumbnail by georgiagarden3

Great Pheadra, they look so healthy and ready to do their annual "Show=out".
Here is "sidney" after her spring cut back. Ready to take off again. She showed all winter long about 3 feet tall.
In this picture she is about a foot tall.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

OHHH very nice,I can`t wait for the Spring Trades to begin.

oh wait .....SUUUGGGGAAARRR we`re supposed to be breaking the addiction........or Maybe... we`re not...... maybe we`re
the Scouts we go in see what works in rehab and what does not
we`re the Coleus Rehab Rats,,,,

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok, step 3 is easy for me. This won't take long at all.

1. Rainbow Mix babies.

Thumbnail by heathrjoy
Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I think you're right. Someone has to test the waters for everyone else. I think it is self-sacrificing of us to do this! We can see how much Coleus temptation one can stand this way....how much is too much? Who determines what a normal appetite is anyway? WE do!! ;~P he he he There's only one way to determine that, it MUST be tested!!

You all really do have some seriously beautiful Coleus cuties there! I hope some of mine will have great coloring like that. I know they are "only" Rainbow mix, but a girl can still hope! I saw some Rainbow Mix at a gh yesterday, they are a lot further along than mine. It was so exciting to see what I'm going to have! I couldn't look too long or too close tho...my pinchers were starting to snap and my money pocket was starting to burn even tho I have too many seedlings at home here. We are so funny that way...or at least I am. But, I resisted by doing step 2 & 3, and am sticking to the program! Victory!!

Step Four: Take one dose of COLASE, a recommended CALCIUM fortified product. The time you spend in the bathroom is GUARANTEED to keep you out of area gh's, and will inhibit pinching (Public/private), or coleus gardening of any kind. It WILL, however, facilitate your carrying out Step 3.

Note; Only for those who need radical treatment of the Coleus Gardening obsession.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Step Five: Complain about your coleus not surviving the winter in cold zone 5 so all the addicts in the tropical zones will feel sorry for you and send you cuttings.

Step Six: Buy cargo pants and photographer's vest so you can pinch your own cuttings just in case your addicted friends get sick of hearing you whine.

Step Seven: Fell sorry for yourself; eat chocolate.

I love step # 5..and 7..I say go for it.. ;o))

Loretta...

Ok,
Back to reality. What happens to the coleus after the summer? Do you bring them inside for the winter? Do they go dormant and come back next warm season? Advise, please. Remember, I'm a newbie...

Loretta,
I see you're not ready for radical Step #4. You must be a relatively new addict, with a true chance at recovery...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

benjamin, I had some go dormant but they did NOT come back to true color the next year. Ugggghhh, actually they were pretty ugly! Most people take cuttings and keep them inside for the winter. I just don't have the room because I'm over run with much larger plants too take cuttings. We live in a forest of plants all winter long in the kitchen. LOL My DH has to wonder how he ever got into a mess like this.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

My grow all years.......hehehe

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Now, now...play nice Hap! After all, you may need help more than most of us. At least WE don't have a Coleus in the Guiness Book! LOL
Pati

Hap has a coleus in the Guinness Book? What category?

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Step 8: Watch what everyone posts and keep lists for trading or begging in the fall.

Great thread, my DH is a public pincher, he's very good at, I don't see him do it, but he always has something in his pocket when he gets home.

Heatherjoy, I will be bringing several coleus to the plant swap, named plants and seedlings. Wanna Trade Coleus??

Vallejo, CA(Zone 9b)

My name is Joey and I am a certified coleus addict!

Step 8: Refrain from going to online Coleus shops like Rosy Dawn Gardens... but, if you do, have someone hold on to your credit cards.

BTW, I love #6. I usually wear cargo pants and attest to that!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

ooooh, Cathy, I was just thinking about 30 mins ago that it might be too hard for me to get there this spring....but I'll have to find a way! Yes I want to trade! I'll send you pics when mine are getting bigger and more colorful. Yippee!

What if my butt is too big for cargo pants??? LOL Or will all the Coleus pinches in the pockets make my legs look more "filled out" and proportionate? ROTFL!!! This could be a look I could get into, it could change my whole life. I may have to drop the rehab program simply to reclaim my style!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Ben,

I receibed my certificate on 10/31/04.....I have it for the world's tallest colesu.....8 foot 4 inches....yipee

Hap

Thumbnail by Happy_1

Benjamin I guess I'll go for step # 4 too..I just wanna tread lightly tho...
Hey Heather hows the planter doing did you give up??I sure did just could'nt get it to look how I wanted it to..

Loretta..

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

Over 8 foot tall? I think that's a monster. What did you feed that thing?? Good golly!

Nope, I'm still working on it. Not at the present, but mentally working on it all the time. I'll get a good one made yet. Then mass produce them and make millions $$$$$. Just kidding about the mass production part. I am still going to make a better one. Kind of like making a better mouse trap tho...take a bit....but what's life w/out a challenge?

My piece of the Guiness Coleus is pictured above on the 24th at 8:35 PM.
Yall are doing great.
Now repeat after me I'm happy, I'm healthy and I have more coleus than I'll ever need.
Sidney

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Huh? Ever need?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Sugar,

What are you saying........I can't have any more????? I have just begun....

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I only have one kind......that's all I'll ever need? Suddenly I feel very sad and alone. I think I need the buddy system.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Heather, you only have ONE kind of coleus....?????? What did you pick???

Hap

I did't know that they sold just one kind at a time......lol

Don't be sad Heather I'll share some with you..!!

Loretta...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Loretta....waving from Oklahoma! I'm wanting someone to post some gorgeous pics! LOL It's cold here and I'm having withdrawal.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

They sell one kind when it's seed. I started mine from seed.....Rainbow Mix is what I have. That's all I have....but I'm sure they'll be nice and purty. I have to get some fish e soon tho to make sure they have bright colors and don't muddy. Does water from a fish tank really count as fish e? Is it just as good as what you buy at the store? I have a fish tank that needs a water change.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Absolutely don't toss that water.....People pay $1000 per gallon for that water.....welll.....maybe somewhere...But yes, it's great!

Brinda, I'm getting my pic together....from today..... give the ol' girl a little time, OK??

Hap

Waving back at you Brinda...Sorry no camera...I see you also have another addiction..but it's a good one...Remember you can NEVER have too many plants...

Loretta...

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I thought I read somewhere that you could use it as fish e. Or, maybe I'll just start selling it, then buy more fish and pay someone else to apply fish e to all my Coleus! My fish tank needs cleaned so bad anyway, but it doesn't look or smell it.

I transplanted a few babies today. I don't know if this counts as a pic that Brinda was looking for, but here it is anyway.

Thumbnail by heathrjoy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.