Weekend pictures

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

I thought you might like to see what is growing in my garden this past weekend.
This is what I call my "fairy garden" !
Heather

Thumbnail by Heatherbelle
Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

Here is some iris and yellow wallflower which has a very dark leaf.

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

This is a new type of calendula that I started last autumn and it has been outside, in the ground all winter.
Opps, no its not it is some tulips !

This message was edited Apr 24, 2006 9:23 AM

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

Here is the calendula !

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

And finally, I brought my Peaches & Cream brug out of the greenhouse and it is now in a VERY sheltered place !

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Quoting:
* Faerie people (mainly the subject of this section) or the true Fairy, or Elfin race. The Fairies, according to the Scoto-Celtic belief, are a race of beings, the counterparts of mankind in person, occupations, and pleasures, but unsubstantial and unreal, ordinarily invisible, noiseless in their motions, and having their dwellings underground, in hills and green mounds of rock or earth. They are addicted to visiting the haunts of men, sometimes to give assistance, but more frequently to take away the benefit of their goods and labours, and sometimes even their persons. They may not be present in any company, though mortals do not see them. Their interference is never productive of good in the end, and may prove destructive. Men cannot therefore be sufficiently on their guard against them.

http://faerie.monstrous.com/

Taking your chances there Heather! ;)

Looking loverly. Ü

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

My lot seem to while away the time lounging about ! But perhaps I should go out and have a little word with them ! In my best Scottish accent, of course, just to remind them where they come from. LOL ! I remember when I was growing up there were fairy glens, fairy bridges, fairy caves, fairy everything !
I kind of always knew they could be a bit wicked.
Heather

Heather, as usual, your garden is looking superb. Hasn't this weather been glorious.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

On my knees here Heather.........please, please, please take many pics of your trip home!!! :)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lovely Heather. What is the blue corydalis in the lst pic? Is that Blue Panda?

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

Yes fancyvan, there is actually two different blue corydalis there. I know one is Blue Panda and I will have to check the tag on the other one. One of them has lovely dark leaves - is that the Blue Panda ?

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

Lovely pictures of your gardens Heather and I love your blue faeries even if they are a bit mischievous. :)

Joan

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Heather your gardens are beautiful as always! I have irises, but not blooming yet, and your P&C Brug!!! Look at it! ya better put a chain around it tonight girl, I might be on a walk about....

comebychance, NL(Zone 5b)

Heather
What nice pic's,How lucky you are living in a zone8b.
All i can do is wish you must be parshil to the blue tones ,i love that color it seems to go with almost every color you put with it .
the yellow you have with the ires realy makes a punch .
Just love it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

heather Blue Panda is the one on the left. I dont know what the dark leaved one is - there is a form called C. flex. purple leaved form(!)but I couldnt find a picture.

I think the other is just called Purple Leaf. Very nice garden Heather. Makes me want to be there.

(Zone 6a)

Your Corydalis in the first pic is wonderful. I like Corydalis soo much....especially the dark leaved one you have.

Steve

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

I just checked the tags and you are all correct. The dark leaf one is just called "Purple Leaf" and the other is "Blue Panda". I moved them last summer and thought I may have lost them but they seem to like their new place better (more shade).
Heather
(Then, of course, we have the sneaky little yellow one !)

This message was edited Apr 27, 2006 8:53 AM

(Zone 6a)

The yellow one is C. Lutea? Have you checked out 'Golden Panda' before? It has amazing colouring!

Steve

Victoria,, BC(Zone 8b)

Yes Steve, I think you may be right about the name of the yellow corydalis although it arrived in my garden via some plants that I rescued from a house that was being demolished. I really don't mind it although I have it all over the garden now ! My philosophy is I can pull them out if I don't like where they are growing. Last year I grew some seeds of a corydalis that was two-toned yellow and pink but I found it a much larger plant and sparser in flowers. It did have a nice greeny-blue foliage though. So far there is no sign of it in the garden.
Heather

(Zone 6a)

I have that philosophy too....I like it when plants spread around...but, when they get pesty I have no problem pulling them up.
The Corydalis from seed sounds quite interesting....I hope it still comes back for you.

Steve

The yellow and pink corydalis is C. sempervirens. It can be grown easiy from seed. I also have a white one, just love it

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Pam Fairies are just like "Underwear Gnomes" they bug us guys and steal our underwear. Just look for them on South Park. Oh yeah they are much harder to find than the common Sasquatch. Which I have seen 2 in my life.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.