Hosta Nursery near Atlanta?

Alpharetta, GA

Hello everyone. I live in the Alpharetta GA area, just north of Atlanta, and am looking for a nursery that sells a lot of varieties of Hosta's. I know I could do mail order, but I'd prefer to pick them up locally. Is anyone aware of a local nursery that sells a number of different varieties? I appreciate the help. I would like to line a very long wooded path with different types of hostas.

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

This may be too far a drive for you but I think it will be worth the effort. Pine Forest Gardens in Tyrone specializes in hostas - lots and lots of different, exotic varieties. This nursery is mentioned in this month's addition of "Georgia Gardening" magazine. (6-page article with some gorgeous pictures!) Anyway, I am heading over to see if they have "Stained Glass" hosta - it is gorgeous -2006 hosta of the year. They are online and have a 100% rating on garden watchdog. http://www.pineforestgardens.com/
I think you should call first if you are going to visit to verify hours of operation. Good luck.

Alpharetta, GA

Thanks so much for the response. I will check them out.

Gay, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey! We don't live too far from there. My wife works in Peachtree City so we might check them out this weekend!

Atlanta, GA

In the Spring, I have found a wide variety at the Georgia's Farmers Market off I-75

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's a nursery that specializes in hostas & daylilies.

Bloomin Designs Nursery
(678) 376-7987
558 Auburn Rd
Auburn, GA 30011

It's about 10 minutes from Mall of Georgia, and it's a family-run business. They are the absolute sweetest and most helpful folks, incredibly knowledgeable! Decent prices and BEAUTIFUL, healthy plants!!!

I happen to have this photo (of my dog) which includes some of the plants I bought from them. The hostas & heuchera on the far right are some of what I got from them. The rest of the plants in this photo are from other sources (a plant pass-along sale I went to at Bulloch Hall), Hope this helps!

Thumbnail by gnomela
Alpharetta, GA

Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up buying some online from Hallson Gardens which turned out great, but I will definitely check out all of the different places you suggest. Sounds like there are a lot of local places that are great.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Another grower is Bud Martin at Colonial Farms 5305 Alexander Lake Rd, Stockbridge. 770-474-0117. He has several large greenhouses full of them - he has one that he hybridyzed new this year called Freckles - he offers it for $75.00. A pretty blue bordered green with blue "Freckles" a little too rich for my blood, but pretty if you don't care what you spend. Bud was President of the Natl Hosta Society a few years back. He also has a large selection of Japanese Maples.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey, I can't believe that I didn't mention it, but the Hosta cut leaf show is this next Saturday and there will be tons of hostas for sale. Bud always comes with just bunches of his great hostas. Here is the website with all the information. The site says that it is the 19-20, but it is only on the 20th. We set up on the 19th with our leaves. I'll be there, so if you come, please find me. I'll try to remember to wear my DG shirt, but even if I don't, lots of people know me there.

Gainesville, GA

Twin Branch Nursery in Woodstock used to have a good variety of Hostas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.